New Patch Quick Reaction

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by Braxzee, May 24, 2017.

1. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

The only glaring one off the bat is breath of L'Usara. If hidden is too much can we have snow camoflauge added? Just gaining arctic domain is ok.

Humble is a weird change...Lower duration could cost less who knows

Jakei Disciple got worse. MAybe resonance can pull off the Nora hike on this one. Again QR on it

Ice Snap Class Shaman is a minor buff

Ice Wurm with defender is a nice option but why? Ice Wurm seems to be more of a stealth type deal. I still see only 2 viable choices anyways Tunnell and Chill 3.

I am stoked about frost amulet getting Ice Amp but I see a nerf it call on this being abused in a split
    BG. Can you make this a FF item only?

Would have like to see blinding reflection and mirror hold get fixed

Thats all I have for now

2. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

How would ice amulet be abused in a split? ST's the only thing with consideral frost damage. Your also correct though, ice amulet probably will be nerf cried because the fact that this now amps ice damage and is granted for free by Frostfall Vangaurd, seems problematic.

3. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Braxzee likes this.
  4. Braxzee

5. Braxzee

I rarely split and I know how you can get some abuse out of it. I am sure someone will think of the same thing. I will enjoy it while it lasts. One hint UD hitting for an additional +45% damage on champs that do not have fire dmg granted it will take 4 rune slots and that is just scraping the surface. I like the equip for FF ST for it opens up more Ice Amp BGs.

If it gets nerf cried I hope it goes back to the way it was before the patch.

Vote Kanye 2020 likes this.
  6. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

He was always terrible for his price, but good if equalize activated. They removed equalize and guess what? He's terrible.

Looks like equalize is gone from the game, though - ward of ailur has the same problem.

Braxzee likes this.
  7. Braxzee

He was fun to play with equalize in a monk BG

8. Sokolov

If you are using the old client, some things won't match up yet.

9. Braxzee

YEah I noticed that, It is like two worlds running, Are you going to destroy the old one? MAy have to it is pretty ridiculous trying to figure out where every one is playing. The new Pox world has like 4 players on average in battle grounds. Old world has like 20 on average. I see why players are staying on the old client so they can get a game in. I know I went off topic....lol

10. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

I guess the disciple has a small purpose in a meta filled with nora generation....but any time that happens the nora generation is nerfed into oblivion so seems like a bad change on that one.

breath is eh, slightly worse maca clone but will likely see play in the right decks, by the nature of being a clone it's indeed not quite as interesting as before.

I like the humble change.

snap as shaman is nice

frost amulet looks nice, if you do eventually nerf it, which I hope isn't required but if you do probably change vuln-frost to like -1def

the tunnel cost change is a bit confusing I suppose, I suspect it was a consolidation thing and you were averaging it, but their is no unit in all of savage tundra I want that ability, if it's what I believe it to be i.e 2 nora most then what tunnel -1 used to cost I want it even less on my units.

snow is simply not like lava decks or earth based decks where you can build a deck around it or the terrain is plentiful on every single map, it's simply a nice to have if you can fit in an orb champ or something like that.

Last edited: May 25, 2017
    Braxzee likes this.
  11. Braxzee

Lets just put amulet back to the way it was if it has to be nerfed..I may be the only player to ever use it. It has a special place in 2 of my bgs that give me a high win percentage.. ..

12. calisk

Hell no its far better like this and i dont think it needs to be nerfed mechanically.

The only issue i forsee is at 20 nora its too cheap when you can spot deploy it from the dock and in this case id rather see it toned back then its cost increased, not a fan of 45 nora equipment that sl uses reforge on.

The reason why i think its fine on vanguard is the condition for getting it on is either a double attack from a melee 6 speed or a single attack but the chill comes from another source likely a cone on top of that vanguard herself doesn't naturally benefit from the equip itself.

Mechanics where the unit itself has no benefit often means it loses a ton of its effectiveness on any map that causes you to split your forces.

It'll be nice when you can build up 4 or 5 frost units on a single font but when thats the criteria built around a double attack i just dont see it as an issue.

13. Sokolov

Tunnel no longer requires you to start on the terrain, only the destination needs to be on the specified terrain. It was also consolidated down to one rank (Rank 2), so the cost was set to Rank 2's cost (for the most part, Vegetation went up a bit due to natural vegetation on many maps), so there's no functional cost change for units that had Tunnel: X for the most part.

Last edited: May 25, 2017
  14. calisk

That is interesting.

Not sure how to evaluate that, either eay that's a big improvement.

15. Sokolov

I FEEL like it should help a lot, but it was pretty rare to run those units (and when you did you just covered the map with Snowstorm or Flood and made sure everything had Trail: X) so I agree with you it's hard to evaluate on paper.

Either way, it was an also opportunity to de-rank an ability that didn't really need ranks, and reduce the reach of Tunnel: Earth/Vegetation at max rank (which I avoided using anyway).

Hierokliff likes this.
  16. Braxzee

Actually that makes Snowtide and snow strike a bit more useful. The idea my champ can tunnel to the destination of unexpected snow terrain and get behind to kill off ranged champs. Like The Skeezick Whorl

17. Braxzee

I have been using the frost amulet in the new and old client. In the old client the amulet is far better and more useful. In the new client it is ok. It maybe 20 nora, but it is more of 40 Nora deal per 10% Ice amp. Unless you equip your own champ with it that has ice eater. I would rather equip star catalog for the extra healing and damage output. Having it at 20 nora is actually very fair. The best use is equipping on enemy champs, but then they can get destroyed and you have to deploy the equip again.

I do see that the equip does open up some frost amp BGs. The easiest one is Lonx. The jakei and elementals do open up a bit more. Shaman BGs and Various Strig BGs with Tundra discipline I am neutral on. The other BGs like Ferren and Yeti you have to sacrifice a bit much in rune slots to make a good trade off.

18. calisk

In amp its a spot 35% more damage for 20 nora. A piercing shot 3 goes from 20 damage to about 28 without any other source of amp out. It becomes a ton easier to kill something.

If you can't make that work as a 1x i'm shocked

19. Braxzee

amulet only gives 10% not 35% I just assumed it should only be 10% amp. IF you are including the vulnerable i see it but then the champ is destroyed and you loose the amp. It does balance out for 20 nora. you are spending 20 nora with the chance to kill something. That is if that champ has no equip all ready. You may need yet another spell or shatter. I did find it is a nice equip with lonx. It is nice to have in this faction a spot kill method other than a gale setup. I am just saying if it need to be nerfed somehow I would like it to go back to the original. The way I play it gives me more options. I know the way you play you like spot kill stuff or high offense and use that as your defense. I am arguing for it if it needs to be nerfed to go back to the way it used to be from a very biased angle. I do not know if other ST players play similar to the way I do. It is just more of different play style for me

20. calisk

Vuln is 25% and amp is 10%.

And as for it being destroyed....why would that be a bad thing, you just killed a champ for 20 nora.

The effeciency is as good as it can get for a support rune in pox.

The amp aspect of the rune is for vanguard when it gets equiped for free you can enjoy the amp while it sits around but you should never be leaving champs alive becauwe of the amp from the equipmwnt, but when it's from the dock it should be deployed with the intent to kill something that round. Ideally on a champ other then the one you are attacking but doubt the math will work out allow that often

Anyway if it does go back to being a defensive rune i would go in a different direction then the original that said st has many good defensive equips already.

Something like the equiped unit loses all basic attacks and gains attack-frost and then give vanguard frost resistance up the nora cost to like 30, would open up ice eater champs quite a bit. That idea is likely a bit broken, but something a long those lines would be neat

Last edited: May 27, 2017