New patch thoughts.

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by XFurionsX, Nov 13, 2014.

1. XFurionsX

XFurionsX I need me some PIE!

-Is Tyrant still our best tank?

-I don't understand this:
    Lumbering
    Nora Cost increase (+5)
    Being slow cost +5 nora?

-Snuff seems pretty nonsense in my opinion, no one run it in zombies, let's see if it sees some action in creepers.

-Witches: they seem pretty cool now, althought why that +5 nora on hourglass, this saddens me :(

-Ethereal Being (New Ability)
    • Description: This unit is Incorporeal and Pacified. When this ability is activated or this unit takes damage while Incorporeal, it loses Incorporeal and Pacified until the end of the next turn.
    No one had more ethereal champs then us, so thanks AA!!

-Haunting grip: Let's see how it goes with ethereal being and SL 2

-Whats the difference between the new necrosis and the old necrosis?

What are your opinions Undead players? thumbs up? or thumbs down?

2. DrNiles

DrNiles Member

People are interpreting the Lumbering change incorrectly. It doesn't make the rune cost +5 nora, the ability itself costs 5 more nora than it used to. They wrote it very poorly.

I also feel the need to come out in defense of Snuff, which I always used in zombies. It's incredibly cheap and can easily facilitate a kill thanks to the -2 defense of Liability, a huge help to a group of low damage zombies, and it persists for a few turns afterwards. It similarly helps Creepers since they need to powerturn targets to activate their ability. The other effects are just a bonus that can make a strong enemy champion much harder for your opponent to use properly.

And the +5 nora on Hourglass is because 8 spaces is an enormous range for something that can last indefinitely unless the relic is detroyed, and Forsaken Exploit is essentially the same as giving all of your champions +2 damage and Multiattack 1. The conditions are so easy to apply in a Witch BG.

yobanchi likes this.
  3. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

All lumbering/lethargic units got a slight cost increase. Basically from -25 to -20 for lumbering (not a +5 total).

Witches got some significant love and should be top tear now with all the goodies.

Ethereal being applies only to AA so haunting grip (other then the Short lived 2 addition) and ghost pretty much remain the same. SL2 on the HG just means you won't stack them ad Naus and should still be very useful for the dmg/lumbering.

Worms should now work pretty good as a bg style as Necrosis got a large bump.

WraithxxV likes this.
  4. jigz2009

jigz2009 The King of Potatoes

Witches and curse got some love but I really hate the nora increase of Lumbering and most especially Loyalty. Yeah I agree Lumbering should, being a liability, should have remained the same.

Loyalty up to +5 is also very big thumbs down for FF FW players like me; now you cannot run the Swordmage below 70 nora. Throughout FF FW history, it can compromise and somehow get over with with ability and stat nerfs but not nora increases given the faction bonus of FW.

5. XFurionsX

Thumbs up
    • Witches
    • Creepers
    Thumbs down
    • Carrion colossus (112 nora)
    • Loyalty units (High Warlock 88 nora Swordmage around 71 nora)
    • Afflicted Corpse and Fleshblight Zombie and other lumbering undeads +5 nora. It sucks for the afflicted.
    • Boost Skeleton +4 nora.
    • Serkan is 101 nora (Frost cone 3 and life syphon)

6. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

I like the stuff that got buffed but i dont like the nerfs.

Sean5056, TheNidhogg and Anima26 like this.
  7. yobanchi

Titan/Loyalty/lumbering/boosts/hero were all problematic lowcosted abilities and the units for loyalty/lumbering that took it are still in good shape.

The heroes on the other hand may need work. I'll gauge everyone's opinion on what the next patch set should contain as far as what needs to be addressed for FW.

Sirius likes this.
  8. WraithxxV

WraithxxV Active Member

The way I see it, FW heroes, much like SL heroes, suffer from serious ability bloat. And so, they are quite expensive...for comparison, the strength of SP heroes is they are all quite simple in function and for that reason, cheap.
    • Serkan has always been an expensive one man army. Easiest fix is drop the frost cones imo.
    • Moragen just has waaaay too many abilities. Lose Battle Hymn and something else?
    • Xulos is still a strong unit, not sure what to change here.

9. yobanchi

Agree, in order to get better heroes they would need to be focussed more and remove ability bloat. I'll probably start a hero thread after awhile seeing how many players play the heroes and then possible changes.

XFurionsX and WraithxxV like this.
  10. WraithxxV

WraithxxV Active Member

Sound like a plan, I'll try to help out. I think the goal with heroes should be very good units that provide unique strategy options, but not absolute auto-includes. In that, I actually think Serkhan and Xulos are actually pretty close to the mark (not quite there though). My favorite examples are the split heroes, except Timmy, as they all provide interesting options but really aren't individually overpowered.

11. XFurionsX

But the only problematic titan was AA, actually the only titans that i see in game are FS and KF one, and in a 2k games ive played someone trew a ST titan at me just once, basically the wrath titans hardly see play.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2014
  12. yobanchi

There seems to have been a little extra cost added to the titan, I think that may be a mistake

13. Sphere8274

Sphere8274 The King of Potatoes

What you mean, all lumbering units got nerfed to +5 total (-25+5) and I don't see the necessity of this. The rest of patches seems pretty good though

14. XFurionsX

I guess people still complains about zombies being OP, thats why they nerfed them a bit.

15. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

Where does one even begin.

This is a disaster.

16. Nite2kill

Nite2kill I need me some PIE!

Really I don't see a lot of changes that will bring FW to the level of the other factions -the Worm thing is nice but the worms are expensive - with 6 being dumbed down to 64 or below, 2 with no attack, 4 without Necrosis.
    Polluted Martyr is the back bone of the worm builds with Propagate and soulsift, boosting Eye of Serk and having those little buggers all around all the other are really lack luster with necro taking over a upgrade that might be useful as well as having a low damage output.

17. Daerthalus

Daerthalus Devotee of the Blood Owl

Tea Scholar your Zombie BG was hit with the nerf! I really liked your bg and the videos. Did you change anything since the patch?

18. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

The patch caused such a disturbance that NONE of my bgs can remain the same at this point.

Zombies, meta, anything fun, it has all been changed now..

So don't be surprised if I stop playing for a while. For I will always return.

I tend to take my leaves when really horrible things like this happen. This qualifies as horrible.

It doesn't help that it's my birthday today

19. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Happy birthday Tea, but it really ain't that bad! Witches are really cool now, and creepers can do some funny stuff. It's still Pox.

20. XFurionsX

Sometimes i think FW just work in 2v2, besides that....