New player feedback - psn

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Beruge, May 30, 2017.

1. Beruge

Beruge I need me some PIE!

Hello

So i have been testing the game some now, and i absolutely love it.
    Ofcourse its understandable with some issues when launching on a new platform.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Purchases:
    Elements at war: protectorate. After buying this, its is not marked as bought and it indicates i can actually buy this again. Ofcourse i havent tried to buy it as i dont want to waste my gold just to see if i get a message that its bought or not.

3x Extended box set, I really enjoyed opening these as i got alot of new runes wich made me think alot about possibilites of different builds for battle group. Best part was getting very few copies.

1x planar disturbance megabox, this was horrible to open up. I opend 30 boxes and could barely tell the difference between the boxes i opend up. There was so many duplicates of the same runes i was actually getting really annoyed.

examples:
    8x arroyo eye
    12x boarspider
    9x Chattering maw
    14x dawnmist
    12x elven ourator
    12x frostfall furbull
    13x goblin rockpack
    16x grintmaw sealer
    9x ironfist standardbearer
    14x jellebrium mender
    10x myx bombardier
    14x scavenger pack
    13x skywing screecher
    7x sunglade dryad
    9x thicket crawler

I am not able to sacrifice most if not all of these for shards.
    This is horrible rng, and if you expect new players to pay for content like that, its a good idea not to put them off like this.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Client:

Parts of the client is missing on my screen, mostly the edges.

- This makes it so i cant see nora numbers beyond 2 ciphers. (Its managable)
    - This makes it so i cant see the L3 and R3 for search and filter under deck manager. (makes it harder for new players to figure it out, and time consuming for new players to make pure 1 factioned decks.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Client in battle:

- The big picture on the bottom left is taking to too much space. While play elements at war in the stone mission. I could basically not see wich stones i attacked, making me attack the wrong stone several time. Before it then healed up.

- When firing an attack range or melee the client autoaims(it doesnt autoattack). The green arrow showing wich target you are currently targeting and it makes it a pain to target the correct rune when there are many close together. This might put new players off.
    edit: This is while moving the joystick. It works if you cycle with L1 etc

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deck manager:

- Extremely slow loading 1-4 minutes.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

General:

- Client has bluescreened several times.
    - Client disconnects from the battle. (as in you cant move runes/deploy runes/ end turn) - sometimes all bugs out, sometimes just some.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is also very little to none iformation about needing to complete soloplay campaigns once etc to unlock the ability to gain new runes.

There is very little information about what the specific debuffs and buffs provide. Ofcourse in game you can see what happends when you get debuffed/buffed. But it seems like you have to play alot to learn it instead of just providing a list or an option for more detailed information about these.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will keep playing the game, as i love it. But hopefully some of these issues will be resolved.
    Thanks for reading

Have a good day.

Last edited: May 30, 2017
    Cinder405, Fentum, Gnomes and 6 others like this.
  2. Protick

Protick I need me some PIE!

The reason you cannot sacrifice these runes is because they are from the latest released expansion, which is exempt from sharding. As soon as the new expansion is released, rest assured you can shard these runes.

Fentum likes this.
  3. Beruge

Thank you for sharing this. That is good news :)

4. Protick

As far as abilities go, you can visit this database; http://s-qpoxdb.rhcloud.com/abilities/

It lists all abilities, has their descriptions and most importantly, when you click on said ability, it shows you which champions have it.

EDIT: Forgot to mention one important point; when you open up planar disturbance packs, you get runes from a single expansion which is the current latest. When you open up extended set packs, you get runes from the previous expansions. This is the reason why you get more duplicates from planar disturbance, as opposed to the extended set.

5. Beruge

Ok thanks for letting me know about the packs.
    The site is also good for showing the abilities each creature has so its bookmarked.

I was more thinking about stuff like lets say "charred". I have no idea what this even means.
    So its the afflicted statuses im interessting in knowing.

6. Protick

Charred basically means damage over time. It comes from abilities such as Burn, which you can find on the database I gave you. The counter on your champion indicates how much damage you will take. If it says 2, you will take 2 damage when your turn ends. The same goes for other damage over time abilities, such as Chilled, which comes from abilities such as Chill.

7. Protick

I agree. If nothing else, they should make the ps4 players be able to sacrifice them, even if it means PC players can't. I think that's pretty fair, considering ps4 players can't trade.

8. Beruge

I dont understand the features that has been blocked on ps4 either. I was playing eso for 2 years on ps4

In eso you can trade:
    - Gear
    - Gold
    - Resources for crafting gear, glyphs, potions etc.

In eso you have a written chat where you can write to each other. (Where you can turn profanity filter off and on.)
    You have a voice chat where you can talk to each other.

So these restrictions are quiet weird if they came from sony.

9. Protick

The restriction does indeed come from Sony, as is explained here by our dev.

10. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

Here is a list of conditions in the game, its updated a few days ago, i did just copy the text from the database feed and put it into this converter that made a table of it, its not beatiful in anyway.
    https://json-csv.com/c/HwIV

11. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

I can't imagine how theyre going to solve the LE rune release problem. Might have to implement different box structures for PS4 than PC it seems.

Also I can't forge any of my old runes I duped to console so I guess I'm stuck with my duplicates. Strange since it wouldn't harm them Right? I can still salvage my PC runes if it was because I was 'effectively doubling my collection' right? Forging is non-sustainable long term so on PS4 where you can't trade shouldn't it encourage forging? Idk.