New player questions

Discussion in 'Training Grounds and Game Guides' started by indiepants, May 1, 2014.

1. indiepants

indiepants New Member

As a completely new player (that is, I’ve played about half of the introduction to the factions games), what is the best advice in terms of where I should spend money? I’m willing to spend about $50-$75 to start, and go from there. Would I be better served by purchasing packs/boxes or by purchasing individual runes from third-party sellers?

I’m more of a thematic kind of person, looking for entertainment. I’m not uber competitive and don’t need a tier one, asskicking deck. I’m also not the kind of guy who would farm gold in a super efficient way. That said, assuming I play an average of a couple of hours a day, 4-5 days out of the week and accrue gold, would that and around $35+ per month give me a steady and reasonable trickle of new runes to play, with some variety? I’m mostly looking at PvE here, until I have a fairly solid grasp of the game.

2. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Personally, I would go with Extended boxes, although you could get one of the preconstructed decks if there is a specific one that looks like you would have fun with the theme. In that case, I would get the preconstructed, then spend the remainder on extended boxes to have stuff to upgrade the deck.

ptjimbo likes this.