new player saying hello

Discussion in 'Training Grounds and Game Guides' started by snjits, Oct 28, 2014.

1. snjits

snjits New Member

hi, also a new (free) player
    I have done all faction walkthroughs, but those didnt really show much as I never had a unit in danger of dying in any of those >.>
    I played one practice pvp match with ice hunters against some barbarians, and somehow managed to win
    it was on a map with water in the middle 1 font on either side and one near each shrine
    went for side fonts and later send a cat top and bottem who apparently couldnt capture so I never had more than 2 fonts >.>
    at first oponent came to left font where I killed some of his units with a lonx recruiter, some cats, a lonx hunter and a hurler, and pusehed his ranged unit back across the water with a spell he then went for the right font
    so I sent my guys up to his shrine and held the right font with another lonx recruiter and a lonx hunt leader
    he spawned alot of new guys around his shrine to take out my guys, in the end I managed to have the lonx hunter survive with snowblind and he hit himself with that hammer spell
    while some of these units are probably quite usefull I think I liked the jakei I had in the campaign walkthrough more
    some notes:
    when I wanted to checking the battlelog, or even chat during the match the text was barely readable because of the snow terrain >.>
    I dont think there's a way I can change font color is there? :p
    it also seemed I could not acces some parts of the client untill I disabled the progress thing
    after disabling it one of the presumable daily missions was using a unit with stealth but it seemed the lonx ambushers dont count for this?

underdepths were quite fun too in the campaign walkthrough, mostly enjoy undead also and dragons are dragons :p
    so not quite sure what faction I want to settle for yet or how to best find out aside from trying more public decks >.>

already read through a bunch of topics oon here and joined the academy guild
    there dont seem to much general guides/topics in the st part like there are for some other factions, so specifick tips/recommendations on the factions I mentioned are always welcome also

soulmilk likes this.
  2. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

Hi, glad to see you joined the Pox Academy, welcome to Pox! Hope to help you out when I see you on client.

3. Ozariig

Ozariig I need me some PIE!

Welcome snjits, and thanks for posting about your experience. Some of us old farts forget what its like to be new, so we take it for granted that only "real" champions can capture fonts. When I think about it, there isn't really much to visually indicate that detail, even though its pretty important.

4. snjits

snjits New Member

did some skirmishes yesterday
    mostly more ST and some SL
    and apparently I have only 6 runes now, so unlocked public decks are not runes I can use myself I guess
    still think the combatlog/chat is hard to read sometimes if it is on sand/snow background
    note on quickening: it sais you cant cast spells after casting it, but apparently I also couldnt cast it after already casting another spell

5. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

ok so

i just wanna say

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

<3

6. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

Taking notes of things like these that aren't obvious will get you far. :D

7. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

Playing the Starter Decks and Public Decks is recommended for starting players.
    You should soon realize what factions you want to start playing. By this point, you have hopefully earned enough gold to buy yourself something nice. (Some Extended Packs, An Extended Box or possibly even a Theme Deck?)
    Not very recommended to buy Core Set Packs as you will get more value by buying Extended Set packs. (Core Set runes aren't worse than Extended Set runes, just have lower value as they only give/cost half the amount of shards and you get them from playing games.)

On the website, under Rune Manager, you might see "The Forge".
    In The Forge, you can sacrifice runes you don't need for shards, which you can use to craft runes you need.
    http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/common-and-uncommon-only-battlegroups.2497/
    Here are some cheap BGs you can make this way.

You can also go to the website poxbox.net
    You can trade in runes to it for runes you want. It's generally more value for your runes than just sharding them.

8. XFurionsX

XFurionsX I need me some PIE!

Wich faction do you preffer the most? (i hope you say Forsaken Wastes if not i hate you..jk) so we can help you with runes.

9. snjits

snjits New Member

havent decided yet, I like TS, FW and UD
    ice synergy between liches and ST seems fun but from what I read I will need multiple dmg types

10. Korahn2610

Korahn2610 New Member

Welcome to the game, I'm pretty new as well and still trying to figure out how some of the parts of this game work.

11. Monyx

Monyx I need me some PIE!

12. snjits

snjits New Member

dunno if I did it correctly
    thanks