New Player

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Nyeo, Nov 13, 2014.

1. Nyeo

Nyeo New Member

Greetings all! I recently joined PoxNora a few days ago (the 9th I believe). I have tried to refrain from posting on the forums until I got the basics down, and started to create my first battle group.

Today I have gained enough gold to buy an Extended Pack. In the pack I acquired Blinking Creeper (a Legendary!). I figured I would trade it to the popular trading site, PoxBox, to grab a few Ironfist runes.

With the amount of points the Blinking Creeper was worth, I managed to pick up enough runes to complete my first battle group! I have tried to base my rune choices off of what others have been talking about, but most of them are personal choice. Just wondering if this deck is good enough for a beginner. :)

[​IMG]

2. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

honestly a very solid attempt at a first deck. its always best to use what you enjoy - I do have a guide for budget decks posted on the guides section on steam If you wanted an example of another Ironfist Deck.

3. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I'm not the best at helping newbies, but I suggest adding a Bane Blast (good synergy with Hammer Strike) and possibly adding a Might of Ironfist. I would remove one Righteous Deflecting and one Hammer Strike. Also, ASAP I would get an Ironfist Standard.

As for your champs, I think it would be easier if you were to stick to one theme, Barbarians, Dwarfs, Constructs, or Paladins. You have a little of everything in this BG. I personally don't think Paladins are suitable for newer players as many of the key runes are expensive. But if you choose to pursue it, or another theme, or stick with your mash-up, I'll try to help.

4. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

Hey bud, welcome to the Stronghold !! As stated by Covah your BG is sort of a mosh of runes ! No real synergy there. Send me a PM on the client, my in game name is Exerciser, Ive a yellow name so you can't miss it ! And we'll talk about some deck ideas and I can help you get any runes you might need.

5. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

His in-game name is Axeraiser. Unless he made an alt.

6. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I thought it was a typo too. Not sure.

7. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Don't lie, fatty.

badbwai, Sirius and Cydna like this.
  8. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I'm hitting myself for missing this obvious opportunity.

Baskitkase likes this.
  9. Nyeo

Nyeo New Member

Sounds good, I will defiantly check it out.

I can see how focusing on one theme can be more effective than just a random bunch of runes thrown together. In time, I will try to focus on one theme. Paladins do seem quite interesting...

I logged on today but I could not find you. I can send you a message through the forums, if that is easier?

10. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

He was Exercising.

Gaedel and badbwai like this.
  11. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

lol that typo though. Ironically I was at the gym.

12. badbwai

badbwai New Member

I'm dying.

Poxlife likes this.
  13. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

Humor! Ar, ar, ar!

14. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

Why necro guys?