New poxbox trader visuals

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by decondor, Mar 8, 2014.

1. decondor

decondor I need me some PIE!

With all the effort DoG putting in the game I decided to complete write the client side of the poxbox trader!

It is full javascript and runs on your PC rather than the server. This means massive speed boosts especially with many players trader but that means now you will loose your trader information once you close the trader.

It will load in an instantly, now gonna style the the header and trade meta info, some suggestions are welcome if you like!

It is still far from finished but still, I really like it already!

Attached Files:

2. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

Sounds good! I'll take the snogvie.

3. IceNorth

IceNorth Devotee of the Blood Owl

I still like love to see thumbnail of runes tho, faster to find what u need than just a wall of text. Did u prepare for price change due to goldable boxes and packs and rune forge?

4. decondor

Problem is the VERY long load times and even chrome(yeah the old trader crashed chrome) simply not handling loading that many images, maybe later I'll add it again for those who prefer it and don't mind waiting.

kirk1989 and xRugolth like this.
  5. IceNorth

Set it up to load only displayed images then? Should be fairly easy, just check some forums. Getting say selected items for trade to update once in a while or if their price changes could be achieved the same way.

I'll check some, got rusty a little :)

Last edited: Mar 8, 2014
    kirk1989 likes this.
  6. jenovah2

jenovah2 The King of Potatoes

It looks great...and honestly, speeding things up was never an issue with poxbox...always efficient and very very fast!

7. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

But communication with the server is always a bottle neck, and if you're automated service is fast, why not make it faster?

Additionally, does it sync in real time with requests made to the PB server? For example, if someone else trades out or just reserves a rune I have queued up will the server notify my client and tell me to drop it out of my queue?

8. kirk1989

kirk1989 New Member

seriously needs to work better for chrome but only recently i feel that way cant remember it being so bad its even bad on other browsers its a mission to just scroll down the page other then that iv never had problems with poxbox in the past

9. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

Honestly Chrome is what I use it on and I have no problems. In fact it works better for me in chrome, in firefox it causes FF to stop responding and will sometimes make it crash because of all the pictures it has to load.

10. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

Why you don't just make a spritesheet for thumbs? It's a good idea even if there were no issues with chrome.

As for clientside itself - sure it's good, but it's still better to have serverside validation each time you add/remove an item, and this call can be used to save trade for other sessions/devices.

11. decondor

It takes the 'live' price when adding it to your trade but it will not update when trades are done that update that pricing however I do have function that do exactly that but planning to call them only when submitting the trade. Server wise the trader will be MUCH lighter now, which means it will not get slower quickly.

PS the original validation on the server will still exists, which is actually inside the database and not even in the website, just incase someone hacked poxbox ;)

12. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

damn that looks nice it looks like DOG gonna take another day to finish up the transfer and fix bugs

13. chickenpox2

the new traders got NO OOS HELL YEA

[​IMG]

14. Prami

Prami I need me some PIE!

Sunday night then, hopefully.

15. Lubanja

Lubanja Member

cool beans man. love the store.

16. decondor

YEP! Probably gonna leave out OOS for now, might implement it again for just the limited edition runes as they are now like REAL limited and maybe legendaries.
    A whole lot of things are gonna change!

PS you can also filter on expansion now in the trader! A much asked for function lol

jenovah2 and kirk1989 like this.
  17. chickenpox2

hey they are giving all campaigns even the soe buyable ones right or the same ones that were unlocked?

18. IceNorth

ALL campaigns will be free, cant wait to start playing slowly from first campaign on legendary to refresh the lore I know, and learn new stuff :D

19. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

Good to hear something from you decondor, your shop is basically what keeps me playing.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2014
  20. Paper Skull

Paper Skull I need me some PIE!

Deconder, thank you so much for poxbox. It seriously helps out more than you know.