New Rune Preview Discussion

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by Sean5056, Jan 16, 2015.

1. Sean5056

Sean5056 I need me some PIE!

2. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

Well I dont play anymore but it looks overcosted at 40 nora.

TeaScholar, chickenpox2 and Woffleet like this.
  3. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

Lol

4. Ujelly

Ujelly I need me some PIE!

Why don't you play anymore?

5. DrNiles

DrNiles Member

The two closest comparisons to this spell are Stellar Horizon and Rock Torrent. All three of these spells deal 10 damage within 5 spaces for 40 nora. First, I think it's important to keep in mind that a 5 space AoE is utterly enormous in this game. That's the same as Desecration, for comparison.

Rock Torrent deals physical damage, which is lackluster, and has a somewhat less reliable condition (champion occupying a rock space) for a somewhat situational benefit (Unstable Ground for 2 turns). I never see this spell in play.
    Stellar Horizon is much nicer, dealing magic damage with a reliable condition (assuming you're playing a Wizard BG). However, the bonus effect is generic and doesn't synergize that well with wizards - giving, at best, 6-10 HP back to a single unit in a BG comprised largely of fragile ranged units. I see this only sometimes, even in Wizard BGs.

OUR spell deals magic damage (good), has a reliable condition in the type of BG it's meant for (good), and deals a semi-strong (but always useful) debuff that lasts a good amount of time, gives an immediate benefit and synergizes directly with everything else in a Witch BG. This secondary effect is by far the strongest of any of the spells.

In my opinion, Stellar Horizon and Rock Torrent are various degrees of overcosted, and ours is the only one that's actually in line. I think it might even be pushing that 40 a little bit.

6. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

OVERCOSTED? LOLOLOL GO AWAY.

This Bane Shift finna get nerfed asap.

7. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

She made a thread about it somewhere, but long story short, Pox became a bad addiction and *she was getting stressed out*.

*not entirely sure*

8. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I don't know about over costed but I do think people are jumping to conclusions too fast. IS has Rock Torrent which is very similar but it never sees play. Granted this FW version is less conditional and also can effect Incorpreal so it may need a bump to 45 but I doubt more than that. It would rarely see play at 50.

Woffleet likes this.
  9. Poxlife

Poxlife Member

We miss you

Woffleet likes this.
  10. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

I think the spell is fine,the curse effect only works with witches(everyone arguing like its gonna be used in every meta bg when we got so few witches and witch bg arent that strong anyway)and the condition can be cleansed.

I am not suprised to see the non-Fw players complaining about fw even before its in the game,as the superb skill of fw players means all our runes need to complete Bane Shift,well aside from dusk creeper.

I have been playing witches since they got buffed in that patch and i am glad to see they are developing as a viable theme,if they fix the elsari coven bug witches are gonna be a decent theme.

11. D4rkSteel

D4rkSteel I need me some PIE!

Don't like witches, don't like the spell.

12. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

I misread it as nearwst target. With all targeted it is absolutely not overcosted, might very well be to cheap actually but it is a cool spell for witches

13. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Stay strong BansheeX.

Will have to see about the spell.

14. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

It currently has a lot of spells vying for its place in a witch bg.
    It will definitely get a spot since it is a Decent AOE which is in short supply in FW.

So much so that it will probably get flack just for that. Players don't like getting 2x AOE in any faction.
    As to if that warrants a nerf or not will depend on the strength of the witch bg in particular.

15. voodoochile

voodoochile The King of Potatoes

10 dmg + pain curse for 15 dmg. It is target oriented so you have to get a champ in the AOE which is not so bad but still a drawback.

16. XFurionsX

XFurionsX I need me some PIE!

Good spell to help moi witchies, all you IS madafakars are going to be hit 5 so stop whining about it and..
    [​IMG].

TeaScholar and Netherzen like this.
  17. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

10 - 6 = 5 ... Got it

18. XFurionsX

XFurionsX I need me some PIE!

Never played IS so im not familiar with your faction bonus, Got it?

19. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

I haven't been playing in the last couple months for several reason, so bear with me.

Now, IMO, the spell looks more like a generic meta spell than a witch spell. Yeah, I know it grants an additional effect if is centred in a witch, but the effect is curse, and we already have a decent amount of curse sources. Also, we are not seeing the full potential of elsari coven because that bug (is still there, right?), so once it gets fixed, keeping most of the opposite champions perma-cursed will not be that difficult. So, if the effect is close to redundant on your average witch bg, why do you need it? We do not actually need the curse effect (is nice to have it and everything, do not get me wrong), but AoE 5 is huge and always welcome, and you can not go wrong with magic damage, which any FW bg could benefit from.

Honestly, I do not see why it could not be included on your average skeleton or lich bg, is a cheaper alternative to anathema, and although it does not apply decaying and deals 2 damage less, is also 10n cheaper.

Yeah, I can see this, chains of corruption and soulbane as staples for any witch bg.