New, slightly more effective BG

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by MakarovJAC, Apr 24, 2014.

1. MakarovJAC

MakarovJAC I need me some PIE!

I call it "An annoying pest"

Champs: Flame Skitter x2, Helltick x2, Goblin Dirtbag x2, Hookfiend x2, Nefari Griefbearer x2, Goblin Gloombringer x2, Deep Elf Masochist x2, Pit Dragon x2.

Spells: Purefire x2, Maddening Echoes x2, Acrid Smoke x1, Shatter x1, Demolish x1, Fading Recollections x1, Fiery Ambush x1,Retribution x1, Sacrifice x1.

Other (kind of useless) stuff: Demon Shield x2, Mark of Sheoul.

It's worked fine, it just isn't the kind of UD bg you can use to rush your opponents with. In order to work, it requires a bit of tactical thought. For example, you have got to stand your own ground. You let the opponent get close so you can use Hookfiend to get it even closer and one round it. Dirtbags, Hellticks, and Skitters are both a reliable fighting force as well as good for debuff, font constest, and finishing champs.

Plays well. All these debuff can slow down an unprepared opponent.

2. RasielCZ

RasielCZ I need me some PIE!

It looks bad at first glance, 2x purefire when you run 2x griefbearer it unnecesary.
    All your champs are slow and unless your opp deliberately enters your range you have no chance of attacking 2x, which makes any kind of offensive play impossible.
    What rank are you aiming for with this bg?
    Also if you are into defensive play you should include some nora gen (flame syphon) because when your opponent moves in he usually kills a thing or two.

3. MakarovJAC

It handles well rare league players. I don't know well with exotic league players. Aaaaaaand, its not an offensive bg, it's plays attrition. if you don't make lots of mistakes it works.

4. RKane

RKane Member

Imo you wont find a successful bg in UD where you can play the attrition game, unless you specifically build around maxxarek, which can be quite hard and untrustworthy in higher ranks. Quoting a friend, UD champs tend to be all about offence and will die if you look at them the wrong way. Im afraid Rasiel, being a veteran in UD, is spot on on this one.

If you ask me, you seem to enjoy your bg and by all means keep at it. If you dont want to change the setup, id just switch a purefire for another sac, seeing you will be punished a lot from range so you might as well have the luxury of the spell to come back. Furthermore, id reconsider the use of demon shields, and consider breath of ash/orb of protection. Personally im not a fan of the equip, while the alternatives vaguely synergise with your standoff bg, in terms of making them "waste" ap on ranged attacks for minimal results.

Acrid smoke is bad at almost all occassions so id suggest dropping it altogether, possibly making space for a head of osarius, taking into account you have flame skitters and hell ticks for font harrassers and it may come in handy when contesting fonts.

5. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

x2 demonic wag is most annoying pest.... how'd you miss that guy! :D

6. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

As always I will object to the fact that UD doesn't have any good attrition. Spiders ftw.

7. MakarovJAC

Yeah, about pets and witches (not affiliated to any Elsarin Coven), the BoA, and the OoP :) sounds spiffing. I'll see what to get out to make room for another Ret, and an Osarius.

Seriously, I admire you when it comes to brand new and handful ideas.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2014