new split faction races?

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by callum6021, Sep 16, 2014.

1. callum6021

callum6021 The King of Potatoes

what do you guys think about getting some new races specifically for split faction decks. i really think it would be a great idea for some cross protectorate and wrath races.

Woffleet likes this.
  2. splitstax

splitstax Well-Known Member

I propose a split faction: The Gnomes. Gnomes are tribal and live typically underground or in dense forest. Gnomes are smaller than dwarves and not as strong. They are enemies of faeries. Gnomes are the masters of alchemy (Potion Throw) and champ summoning (dark and light). Gnomes must work together (cooperation) to be effective (kind of like Northern Wind Discipline but better). Their cooperation would be both a strength and weakness. Other characteristics would be evasive, numerous, champ buffing, and frailty. Frailty is a weakness (10-20% more damage taken from melee attacks.)

3. KelRama

KelRama The King of Potatoes

Gnomes..! They r so delicious.

4. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

We need a few factionless runes, which could be played in any deck without changing its faction bonus.
    They'd need some kind of drawback attached, though, like not being playable in a deck alongside Heroes or something like Mercenary on all of them.

5. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

What would you think of Wrath or Protectorate only instead of completely factionless? They could be used in full or split BGs, but only where all runes were Wrath/Protectorate.

6. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

That could also be neat.
    I am still worried that without an actual drawback, they might be too ubiquitous.
    If they end up a little strong it could be like Meta runes that every deck in a faction plays, but instead every deck in several factions would get to play these.
    Of course, too much restriction and nobody plays them...

7. Bluesday

Bluesday New Member

I think there should be more ospryans as kf/st split. There's already Jek and the valkyrie (who could be made split faction). Plus they could have a nice synergy with the Strig.

Woffleet likes this.
  8. Baalzamon

Baalzamon I need me some PIE!

I like this idea. I am glad that I read all of the replies because I almost wrote about neutral runes and I would have just repeated what you wrote and seemed like an idiot.