New story, rune alignment, etc. ----POXNORA crosses into our world / realm / universe

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by SANTodeGA, Mar 24, 2014.

1. SANTodeGA

SANTodeGA New Member

First of all, I´ll plead to your patience as I am new to this and will probably make a few mistakes, please point them out kindly. I tried to read as much of the POXNORA story entries and same with rune idea threads to make sure there wasn't something similar but i was very eager to put this out so please pardon any omission, mistake or plaim disrespect and you know, same as above.

It is pretty straightforward, actually. For a while now, ( since I came across a certain rune, mentioned below) the idea has been bouncing around in my head to make Pox crossover into our world, so you'd get fairly mundane objects and people with a little twist of the magic of Poxanthru. I would mostly like to plot and explore the story of said crossover but to get the ball rolling in terms of designing the runes corresponding to it here are some of my top ideas.

Champion
    Aspiring college student (rarity: common)
    Instead of talking of rune illustration, I would like to describe the rune in-game annimation. You know elven mage? yes, that but with a hooded gabardine (black hood khaki gabardine) and red shirt/ sneakers and jeans, maybe when he casts, the hood, which is on, flutters wildly and it comes off and he points hands downward and some blue magic comes out. And maybe rune art shows a sort of alternate elven mage with the clothes above.
    Race: human,undead, zombie Class: wizard, witch
    Flavor text: "We are all looking for something beyond what we already know Xulos, but upon meeting you I think I just found too much." Salvador, college student, the other realm.
    split faction: IS/FW
    Nora cost: 45-55 [<--I would liked if this rune could stay cheap flavor / storywise but if you think it would make the rune broken in terms of playability point it out]

Stats
    Damage: 7
    Defense:1
    Speed: 6
    Range: 3-5
    Hitpoint: 38

Abilities
    attack-magical
    distichous IS/FW: [i couldn't find a case of a rune with this type of distichous, and i forgot what the old type of split faction ability used to do back when the maljaran expansions first came out, so you are welcomed to make any suggestions, for now I'd give it mobility or perhaps domain: rock with IS and elsari coven with FW]
    inexperienced [<--mostly to drag its cost down in balance with distichous, flavor and storywise it would make sense if you could summon this rune for dirtcheap, althought i'm not sure that would or could be the case]
    liability
    equip: backpack (this unit comes equipped with a backpack (backpack: gives the "come prepared" ability(this champion gives a random increase of 2 to a friendly champion stat or a decrease of 2 to an opposing champion stat for two turns, range 1-3 ap cost 3 cooldown 3))).
    Salvador-college student this unit counts as a version of college student [this is parallel to those Limited versions of Northern cross priestess where you have a lesser rarity version and a high tier version BUT with a twist, see below. Also, by now I should probably point out this is my name]

Upgrades [there is some or maybe a lot of talk about making upgrades disappear but as that resolves here's my thoughts for the here and now of this rune idea]
    multitude [which I'll further explain below]
    surge: Lich
    Surge: paladin [to further privilege his duality]
    spell resistance [the latter three are mostly maybes i'm more interested in upgrade one]

Basically, the cause for the dimension rift would have to be the most experienced as well as tallented minds in Pox, the idea is how this reality is warped by the magics and the nora but also how it is adamant to that change, instead of getting split faction runes that privilege certain obvious or logical connections you would get a majority of runes which, well, don't. So far I've evidently thought of Xulos (although Serkan might make a lot of sense, you know, with his dabbings in the utterdark) whom I deem at the top of taking things to an ugly extreme. When he happens to find nondescript college student in nondescript urban landscape and put old elsari style magic moves on him, voila! You get aspiring college student. In terms of gameplay he's a pretty decent support unit with a neat duality to him, you can play him the FW way and debuff your opponent once in a while or the IS way and stay behind the lines assisting your own guys. And as you can see he first realizes how the magic is changing him when he starts doing strange strange stuff with his backpack (mundane meets pox). You can probably see where the next one is going....
    --------------

equipment

rarity: common
    Backpack
    flavor text: "it's like Wordsworth used to say to 'reveal the sublime in the mundane' or was it the 'astonishing in the normal'? Or you know something like that-- Oh you know what I mean...!" college student talking to lich servitor
    Nora cost: 35-40
    split faction: IS/FW [<--I loved the Maljaran expansions but one thing that seemed umm i guess funny to me was the extreme shortage of non champ runes with the split faction thing i would like to see an expansion adressing that]
    Description: Equipped unit gains the come prepared ability, this equipment refunds 3 nora for every witch or wizard in play to a maximum of 15.

so basically the equipment from the ability. Yep...

--------------

champion
    rarity: uncommon
    Ascendant college student
    So, we pick up were we left off in terms of attire but this time he looks a lil' bulkier and when casting instead of magic hands motion he punches and glows red maybe. His rune art is just average hooded college person but glowing red in the skin and eyes.
    Flavor text: "You know what i got from all that long long diatribe, Menalaus? It's pretty much something I read in a comic book once, 'with great-------- Hey! No magic shushing!" Salvador, college student, the other realm.
    Race: human,demon, elf class: warrior,rogue
    Nora cost: 75-85
    split faction: KF/UD [still unusual, right?]

Stats
    Damage: 12
    Defense: 2
    Speed:7
    Range:1-2
    Hitpoints:50

Abilities
    Attack-fire
    Call: shield of elements (deploy a shield of elements (friendly units directly behind this relic gain 1 rank of resistance electric,poison, sand, wind [is there wind damage?], fire and water, friendly units directly infront gain +1 speed, when enemy champions attack units adjacent to this relic they take 5 physical damage) [<--is this relic completely broken or sucky? I'll explain it below] to target space adjacent to this unit, cooldown 4 ap cost 4)
    burn 1
    distichous KF/UD: [with KF i would probably give him magic aura, with UD probably one rank of physical resistance to complement the other ones making him an enduring melee champ, as well as decent support for your other melee champs]
    Salvador-college student this unit...

Upgrades
    multitude [again, we are almost at the explaining part]
    surge: enemy
    bulwark: demon [again, not sure about this ones]

So standard to reasonably good melee beater. The surge and bulwark things are due to his duality, flood with suggestions please.

Ok this is the thing, storywise certain characters (they could be pretty subpar common people or just the opposite) from this world come across the top crowd of Poxanthru, the only ones who have managed to cross over to our world (although that might only be temporary, increasing the potential for catastrophe , insoluble conflict, fatal/tragic outcomes), and they change. A part of the change is wholly due to the character encountered, a part is something deep within the people from this world resisting to it, hence dual alignment. For example, this regular student guy, he comes across Xulos and starts going bad maybe too bad and suddenly crosses paths with Menalaus, and the process reverts but now he finds Menalaus nature in conflict with the badness in him. The same with the other characters from this world they go through a process that leaves them different but more stable at the end. Sort of this side normalizes the influence of Pox and viceversa.

The multitude in this runes would let you play the three states of each champ (initial, intermediate and advanced) in the same deck for a tricky mix of faction bonuses or two of the same (without the upgrade) for a more focused simpler to achieve faction config. The way places and people evolve/devolve during the process depends in the way they come across the Pox masterminds, and subsequently their minions and cohabitant. College student would be the bright side kind of rune which transitions from corrupted to conflicted to adamant protector of the good in the end. But you could have someone else meeting someone like... maybe Geekal in the beginning and Maxxarek in the end.

That's the greater gist of it. So college guy stumbles upon Menalaus and at this point he's just whaling away, trashing stuff with stuff. The magic of Xulos which was in the beginning sort of a boon is now consuming him, using him as the standard Xulos minion delivering death and chaos. When Menalaus realizes he sees his brother and how he couldn't help him (that was the story as far as I knew/imagined it) and works some of his best restoration spells on him. And he comes back, kinda, because at the the core Xulos awoke some of the bad in him and now his in mid conflict. And yet, more in the direction of fixing up than breaking out.

-----------

LAST but not least

Relic
    Shield of elements
    flavor text: "You know Mena, over here we just call it a windshield. Now hop off, we have to go beat up the undead horde" ecstatic college student to Menalaus of K'thir
    rarity: uncommon
    nora cost: 45-55
    Split faction : KF/D
    Maybe features an animation of Menalaus in beat up car impressed at the... you know... the windshield

Description
    friendly champions directly behind this relic gain one rank of resistance fire, water, sand, wind... friendly champs directly infront gain +1 speed. When opposing champions attack friendly units adjacent to this relic they take 5 phys. damage.

whoa... So that's what i got so far (almost all of it). Please suggest any and all that comes to mind. Even if all you manage to submit are giggles, you know, that's cool. Except not ONLY giggles. I officially call dibs on the last form of college student, but if you digged the idea feel free to post your own character of this world meets pox mastermind concepts.

Well, I think that's all for now, thanks for reading through. As i stated above i mostly like this in terms of the stories it could spawn so even if the runes are flat out terrible I'd love to pursue this story.

Oh and that rune was Salaman Negamage.

2. SANTodeGA

SANTodeGA New Member

bump... hoping to get some replies.

3. Gaiaix555

Gaiaix555 Member

Uh sorry Sant, but I don't think that would happen. Pox and the real world are separate for a reason, that being it is a fantasy world where dragons and whatnot exist.

Real life sucks, that's why we play games.

And all together, the idea isn't very cohesive.......we should be focused on Pox's story rather than trying to cross it over with Cars and College students.

4. SANTodeGA

SANTodeGA New Member

sigh... oh well, at least i finally got through to posting it. Hey, any idea were i could post fiction / stories fully rooted in the world of pox?

within the forums. oh and thanks for commenting (and reading through, of course)

5. Gaiaix555

Gaiaix555 Member

I think Off-Topic or GD is the best place for Fanfiction, but I'm not sure so don't quote me.

And not a problem, thanks for submitting it.