new template: Prowess

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by only, Apr 8, 2014.

1. only

only Active Member

Prowess: X/Y - When this champion makes a basic attack, it gains rank of X. When this champion uses X ability, it gains rank of Y.

the idea of this ability is to promote grower style without actually encouraging turtling. the problem with things getting better over time is that they force you to stall and I think it's not very funny for opponent/you(?). Prowess is designed this way that you're still in need of combat and I strongly believe that everything what awards you for being in combat is healthy/fun.

champions with Prowess shouldn't be jack of all trades. I mostly see them as high risk/high award cards so they should lack of defensive abilities. Prowess shouldn't be something similar to so-called late wincon runes. it's not that rule. I see it more as supporters, but various combinations are available. the best part about Prowess is that it synergizes well with many older abilities introducing new self combo designs.

as you can see, the X should be activatable ability. I suppose the most correct CD for it should be 2. Y should be passive ability so you can initially benefit from it.

these would be examples:

Prowess: Exertion/DOT
    Prowess: Swap/Psychic Ping
    Prowess: Teleport/Rebuke (since rebuke has more (6) than standard (3) levels and TP is CD1).

2. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

draksar! mutate!