new template: Rebel

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by only, Apr 8, 2014.

1. only

only Active Member

Rebel: X/Y - At the beginning of its turns, for 2 turns, this champion gains X if opposite nora bank is even or Y if uneven.

so the idea is increase interaction on the board from "hand perspective". I feel like Pox Nora lacks traditional TCG material things based on utility and everything revolves about combat (read: dmg). ofcourse, this is what pox's nature requires from gameplay so this idea isn't going against it (nature), but just shifting it.

the opposite player of yours will be deciding what he wants to play against for 2 turns. every single nora counts so it might/should impact deploys/cast spells, occasionally. don't be worried about you having no control on it since if opposite player would play it, you would be the one deciding!

the catch is to find two abilities having the same nature and very similar powerlevel, but at the same time being very different and benefitting different situations.

I think this is alternative version of "healthy randomness". it doesn't virtually have any randomness in it, but the surprise aspect is still left. basically, good part of "random" factor is how I see Rebel ability.

these could be examples:

Rebel: Precision/Strike
    Rebel: Slam (1)/Dragging Attack (considering the idea Slam would get 2 levels of it)
    Rebel: Immunity: Magical/Immunity: Physical
    Rebel: Dodge/Block / Evasive/Reflexes
    Rebel: melee/ranged (it could be 1-2 and 3-5 ranges)

2. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

cool!