New theme: Draksars Dragonkeepers

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Joker, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Joker

Joker I need me some PIE!

So, my idea for this theme is a secret organization of draksars that have the duty of protecting and keeping dragons (brood guardians would be one of them). I don't read much of the lore of this game but i believe this could be added as an organization risen to protect newborn dragons so they can grow and get stronger.

(^You can skip above if you're feeling bored^)

The theme enabler is called: DragonKeeper's Bond

DragonKeeper's Bond: "This champion gets + 2 Dmg for every 2 friendly dragons within 3 spaces, and friendly dragons within 3 spaces get + 1 def. This effect stacks."

note: Players will benefit more from this buff by keeping friendly dragons within the AoE so that the dragons get + Def and the dragonkeepers + damage. Take note that the effect stacks: This means that if there is another dragonkeeper on the same area, his ability dragonkeeper's bond will also trigger.

Now that i explained the basics, let's go to the champions (yupii happiness and stuff)

CHAMPIONS
    DragonKeeper Halberdier

Size: Small
    Rarity: rare
    Race: Draksar
    Class: Knight
    Artwork: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e8/Halberdier,_Battle_of_Wesnoth.png This can give you an idea, Just switch that armor to a "dragon looking" like the basilisk templar armor.
    Flavor-Text: "The legend of the DragonKeepers are known trought all of poxanthuru, but no one lives to tell if they are truth or mith."

Nora: 80
    HP: 50
    def: 2
    speed: 7
    rng: 1-2
    dmg: 11

Attack: physical
    sweep
    duel
    violent
    Dragonkeeper's bond

initiative 2 (default)
    stunning sweep (+)
    cleave (=)

regeneration 2 (default)
    regeneration 1 (-)
    regeneration 3 (+)

note: This champion is one of your melee choices and because he uses a halberd as his weapon he has sweeping attacks and a very efficient are control. He can use sweep to realocate enemy and 2 possible options for more area damage: cleave and stunning sweep. he can also be very fast because of initiative 2.

DragonKeeper Phalanx

size: small
    rarity: common
    race: draksar
    class: warrior
    Artwork: This draksar has a shield and a spear and is in the famous greek phalanx formation together with a lot more of draksars. His armor is yellow and he is using a helmet in form of a dragon.
    Flavor-Text: "No single demon will be able to outstand them because strategy overcomes power." - Draksar High Marshal.

nora: 47
    Hp: 40
    def: 1
    spd: 6
    rng: 1-2
    dmg: 9

attack: physical
    multitude
    Phalanx
    (When there is an identical real champion adjacent to this one, this champion gains + 1 max range and +1 def)
    block 1
    Dragonkeeper's bond
    violent

tough 1 (default)
    tough 2 (+)
    + 1 def (-)

Regeneration 1 (default)
    regeneration 2 (+)
    + 6 hp (=)

Dragonkeeper Emerald

Size: small
    Rarity: Exotic
    Race: Draksar
    Class: Wizard
    Artwork: A female draksar wizard on blue and purple robes, with a book in one hand and a staff with an emerald on top of it. The book is shining as so is the emerald. The draksar has black war markings on her face. A dragon much like Akakios is behind her being AWESOME.
    Flavor-Text: "The dragons will rise and fire will vanquish the enemy out of our lands! They think they know what true hell is." - Shekwoar, Dragonkeeper Emerald."

nora: 85
    HP: 45
    def: 0
    speed: 5
    rng: 2-5
    dmg: 4

attack: magical
    Dragonkeeper's bond
    Emerald staff
    (This champion loses all of his current damage and target friendly dragon within 2 spaces gains it. This effect lasts 1 turn.)(AP:2 CD:3)

spellswallower (default)
    corrupted nora (=)
    favor (--)

amplify: fire (default)
    amplify: acid (=)
    mutate (+)

note: This champion is somewhat OP if not killed first, because it is also very squishy. The emerald staff ability is by far her best ability and if the opponent doesn't know how to counter it, it's game changing. Even though it's strong, this champion must stay quite a while on the battlefield so that it can be efficient. It's a very powerful spell counter, because if your opponent casts a spell that means your dragons can get 1 extra damage from this ability.

Prophecy Reader

size: small
    rarity: legendary
    race: draksar
    class: priest, paladin
    artwork: This draksar looks like a priest with red and black colored robes under a silver platinum light armor. He is in some sort of immense church with many draksars praying around him. He holds a mace within his right hand.
    Flavor-Text: "The imperator will come, i'm telling you! And when that happens, all men will worship its true power."-Prophecy reader.

nora: 76
    hp: 47
    def: 1
    rng: 1
    dmg: 10

dragonkeeper's bond
    revere: imperator
    (when this champion is in play, Skywing imperator costs 10% less nora to deploy. When Skywing imperator is in play, this champion gains invigorate 1)
    violent

Dispel (default)
    cleanse (=)
    favor (=)

divine favor 1 (default)
    regeneration 1 (--)
    regeneration 2 (-)

Dragon rider

Size: Small
    rarity: uncommon
    race: draksar, dragon
    class: knight
    artwork: A Draksar on black and silver armor riding a red dragon spitting fire. He is using a lance on one hand and a greatshield on the other.
    Flavor-Text: "The dragon riders are fearsome knights that have been familiarized with dragons since they were born. When only at 12 years old they are put into the hardest challenge of their lives: Tame their first dragon. Those who survive keep their dragons at their side until they die."

nora: 88
    hp: 54
    def: 2
    rng: 1
    dmg: 12

flamestrike
    dragonkeeper's bond
    violent

regeneration 2 (default)
    regeneration 1 (-)
    regeneration 3 (+)

shred defense (default)
    tough 1 (-)
    sword breaker (=)

note: I recommend keeping two of these because of the race: dragon. Also, dragonkeeper's bond on him should not affect himself, but i'm not sure about this.

SPELLS

DragonKeeper's pray: Target on a champion. On an adjacent place to that champion, a dragon homunculus is spawned with 5 AP. If target champion has dragonkeeper's bond, an additional dragon homunculus is spawned on another adjacent place with 5 AP. (nora:30)

Tears of the Innocent: Target a friendly knight. Target champion gains bastion of courage and protective. If target knight has dragonkeeper's bond, he also gets conqueror. (nora:30)

EQUIPMENTS

Shield of Protection: Target champion gains bodyguard. After 4 attacks on this unit that equipment is destroyed. (40 nora)

Medallion of pride: After this champion kills an enemy champion, this equipment is removed and this champion gains +2 def and inpenetrable (This champion can not be the target of abilities your enemy controls, including non-basic attacks. This does not include basic attacks.) (35 nora)

RELICS

Statue of the hero: This Statue has Dragonkeeper's Bond (This champion gets + 2 Dmg for every 2 friendly dragons within 3 spaces, and friendly dragons within 3 spaces get + 1 def. This effect stacks.) (HP: 20 nora:35)

Yay, I love doing this, it's like if i was part of the poxnora designers or something like that...
    Please give your opinions, what do you think, OP or not, improvements, anything like that. This is something to do while the revamp doesn't come, and it's very interesting to design a rune while comparing it with existing ones, so they don't become too overpower or too weak.

CHEERS

Last edited: Jun 18, 2014
    Tweek516 and Woffleet like this.