New to IS

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Zythraak, Jul 18, 2014.

1. Zythraak

Zythraak The King of Potatoes

Hello, i've been eyeing up IS and considering trying my hand at an IS deck. For themes it looks like there is Dwarves, racially thematic with a splashing of carouse (no pun intended), the Wings units, and paladins of some sort. Am I missing some? The wing units look pretty neat and the sigil abilities look like they have a lot of depth to use to their fullest effect, and they seem pretty easy to get for me. Would they be pretty strong? The nora costs look really high though. Also, the northern cross runes look fun, especially with a pounce and cleave rune, but i'd have to find some cardinals, and they don't look all that great? Sorry, i'm a total noob to IS and only played in briefly when the constructs were new a few expansions back. :)

2. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Tbh, strux beasts and dorfs are totally meta worthy. Barbs are great too I just don't like the theme. Pals are a little sketchy and expensive to build, I'd recommend nit using them at first.

3. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

4. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Tbh I am convinced the man was asking for help but said "I can't fly, you fools! and was misheard by Frodo and the rest.

5. Zythraak

Ok cool, thanks. I'll keep perusing the forums and see about building a deck. Any comment on a 'Wing' deck?

6. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Basically a type of beast deck, mostly superior if for nothing else, flying. There are some really good non-flying beasts though. It utilizes all of the different griffon riding dwarves. Scarlet Wing, etc. I'd still run 2x Houndmaster and 2x Sarng Herder though, just because boost support champs are great, and even among boost support champs these two are great.

7. Zythraak

All right, I'll have to try one then. I have a veilwalker and a fist of bastion i might toss in too. :)