New UD player looking for feedback

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by Tejaila, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Tejaila

Tejaila The King of Potatoes

After much deliberation on what to build next I settled for this demon/demon elf pile

https://poxbase.com/deck/cqtC4_cj0cwMC5@cpqcpLc60ca9C5zCzBc1pch5cuPs4@S2lSOsAsDs1lr2rAEN

It is a work in progress and any feedback is much appreciated :)

Some runes I considered:

- Rip Demon Alpha in place of Deep Elf Masochist. They fill the same role of punishing tank.

- Vothsair Ireguard: He seems very popular for UD, should I invest in 1 or 2 of them?

- Korona, Bok Huntress: She used to be Queen... Is she still as scary?

- Deep Elf Fire Dancer: I like her for deflect alone. Maybe one copy?

- Balefire Knight: looks solid.

- Nefari Informant in place of Deep Elf Infiltrator. I opted for the Infiltrator since I look for an ambush (with stun) instead of utility (detection from the Informant)

- Price of Victory: I know it must be good, but I need some convincing. I need to improve my power turn ability, but I usually try for a steady diet of solid plays...

- I have one Nefari Griefbearer in there I presume against summons... Why is that rune so popular?

Enough of my random thoughts - I want to hear yours :)

edit: btw I won the first game with it... so far so good.

2. RasielCZ

RasielCZ I need me some PIE!

Griefbearer mainy for drudgery after powerturn, or relief. Demonologist is better vs summons since you can ritual of destruction opposing champs.
    I'd drop FR and shields, shields are unreliable and FR is too expensive for the effect.
    Put in Price of Voctory, it is amazing, I would also consider another support champ with relocate, or summoner for invigorate.
    What role is Librarian in the BG? Do you need shatter as well? You can open one spot by dropping either of those.
    Also you should be able to work around invis unit s without detections with 2x ret, 2x jab (altough i would put in a boomerang or 2)

3. Aghatoor

Aghatoor I need me some PIE!

Welcome back to pox man! :)
    Looking your BG, i can see there are many demon elves in it, so you can also think about a pure demon elf/ap denial BG, it's quite cheap to build, this is a sample list http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/my-deep-elf-punish-cull-bg.20767/ .
    If you prefer take a meta/goodstuff BG, according to me there are some units (quite) auto in for their efficency:
    - nefari informant, stealth + detection is very good, declare vengeance and call of the hunter are great for one turning opposing champions.
    - pincushion, anti range option with good amount of hp/dmg and both aura and shield.
    - bok gatekeeper, great low cost beater (18 dmg & 4 def when shrine is under half hp!).
    - succubus, 70 nora for charm and psychic jab, with alt dmg and life siphon.
    - siege monger, great antirelic choice.
    - naria mindtap, not a demon, but 4-5 range, psychic dmg, distract and blood dispersal (if you have access to some bleed) is a great kit.
    - minotaur stoker, he is so good also outside minotaur, he can dispel enemies and cleanse allies, also some nora generation and alt dmg, ofc not a demon unfortunatly.
    - bok raider, aerial supremacy in always a good ability, arrowshot give him some range, 16 base dmg, for 72 nora, not bad at all.
    These are just some low cost options, of course there are also other great runes exos or legendaries ;)
    Talking about your points:
    - I don't like both masochist and rip demon, pincushion is better than them, according to me, and cheaper.
    - Ireguard is a great unit, but 2x are a little redundant for me, unless you are playing an anti range module (pincushion, ireguard, angel of pain, hekation arbiter..).
    - Korona is always a great rune, i prefer her in blood theme, but she could be include also in meta i suppose.
    - I don't like fire dancer, she has got a good kit, but that 5 spd is so meh.
    - Balefire knight is a solid unit, but it's not great in any role unfortunatly, just solid. Maybe could be an incude in ap denial BGs for cull.
    - Informant > Infiltrator (according to me), but i like also deep elf scout (shadowspawn, detection, and pilfer).
    - Price for victory is a great rune, give it a try and you won't regret ;)
    - Nefari griefbearer can do many thing, for this reason he's so popular: cleanse, dispel, reduce dmg with nexus aura, and the first upgrade path is up to you, in a meta full of summon shatter summon is great, also drudgery is good after power turns to keep allies alive.
    I hope this post is usefull, and sorry for my syntax XD

4. H3II

H3II The King of Potatoes

Just wanted to mention that Nefari griefbearer is my fav UD champ especially after the cost modification! I always try to fit x2 in almost every UD / Split BG i make. but that's just me :D