New UD Player

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by Mannfreid2, Jun 14, 2014.

1. Mannfreid2

Mannfreid2 New Member

So, I'm confused as all heck.

What's all this about generals, and armies, and attacking places?

What's this war thing that we seemed to have lost?

What's up with tournaments?

Right now I'm doing a Deep Elf theme for the BG I'm building (I have trades up for things I need, it's currently half built) I love Dark Elves in general, so I'm doing them, and throwing in some demons for good measure.

2. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

Hey there , welcome to UD! :)

You seem to be talking about drums of war.....which is basically just which faction can gather the most wins in total
    so this has a lot to do with # of players playing the faction actively over anything :D

What's up with tournaments? eh i don't know?

Hope you enjoy playing UD....be sure to ask for any help you may need here... lots of helpful players from what ive seen :)

3. MakarovJAC

MakarovJAC I need me some PIE!

Tournaments are held whenever there is enough people in to start one. Sometimes, the devs will schedule a tournament and announce it. However, this events are accessible only by having draft tickets in your account. Though, I haven't seen people trading them lately.

If you want to play Deep Elves, you definetily need Deep Elf Fanatic (shortened to DEF), Grimlic (something to do with the spell "Grimlic's Treachery" and a BG about it), Demonologist (it gets stronger with every demon in play. Deep Elves are Demons too).

4. Koredar

Koredar The King of Potatoes

Deep Elves are nasty can crazy fun, been running them on and off for years in between hours with UD good stuff.

5. Mannfreid2

Mannfreid2 New Member

I'm trying to trade for some DEF's now. I'de love to get my own Grimlic rune too at some point, but he seems to command a huge price, and I doubt my core set Exo's will get me one, heh. I've seen demonologists for trade, but I never have anything the person wants either. Heh.

Such is the thing with being new. Got to try and get what I can, and make do with what I got :)

6. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

GabrielQ and Agirgis1 like this.
  7. Mannfreid2

Mannfreid2 New Member

Oh wow. Thanks! Was not expecting that. But I put up a bronze token.

Thanks again. You guys are awesome.

8. Legato

Legato I need me some PIE!

Another Denizen of the Depths! Welcome, enjoy your stay. Enjoy Supremacy.

9. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

This might actually turn out to be true. If you look at the pricing with range in the revamp, melee is looking more and more appealing over range because it only attacks 4 squares. If there's a larger shift towards melee, that will naturally benefit UD more than other factions.