Newbie wanna get serious

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by Xzablaz, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Xzablaz

Xzablaz I need me some PIE!

as just the title it self, im a new at poxnora (ingame name: aujihyper) altought i kept playing skirmish until lvl 99 lol, but whatsoever i make this thread for myself and other ST new players to learn about the game itself, i hope get good feedback from ST community to improve the decks :D

so these are my ST BGs, currently i can get any EXO but no for almost all LEGs

1. Frost Amp (mixed race)

ST Frost amp 4.5.2015.jpg

my record so far ranking games 4 loss 7 wins, pretty budgeted deck, mainly this deck utilize frost damage for aoe burst, i really like this deck because aoe will null one for nora/NKD/evasive/arrow eater, jakei maiden and ancient implications for cleansing, frostfall vanguard and crystal dragon for tanking while ice dragon and hammerfall for pseudo tank too. i choose shardmaster not lonx striker because mainly range reason, because aoe is the main features, i godeploy elementalist 2x and ice dragon 2x as fast i can, nohkan apprentice i use for defending font or just harass with his auras, magic damage source is lonx adepts.

2. Frost amp highlander

Untitled.jpg

this deck mainly just for fun but i think its pretty solid for casual games because it have enough tools to counter any annoying abilities and have good damage dealer structures

3. Frost amp (with slow modules)

Untitledfasdfasdf.jpg
    same as earlier frost amp decks, but with more slow and stall mechanics, slow source is hammerfall, lonx adept 2x, snare fairy, ancient implication and favor of the queen, while stall from snare fairy and arctic delegate, you can snipe enemy super champ with this slow mechanics to render them useless after turn and equip enemy super champ with manacle if it not equipped yet.

4. Beast
    fasdfasdfasdfasdf.jpg
    because i use every heroes from ST this can be huge tempo hit so this deck is mid game or late game for best performance, my recon on ranked game is 2 wins, 0 loss. i swap back and forth between skystorm lancer and mirror shield, i prefer skystorm because gave huge aoe while mirror shield is really great with arctic turtle.

5. Crystal/elemental

Untifasdfasdf3q1241234123412341234tled.jpg

this deck utilize nora gem abilities from crystals champ, the main rush is to deploy early cystal dragon, crystal howler and any jakei for get the combo, jakei shaman i run with surge elemental and revere icesnap upgrades can give her really good damage on frosted or slowed champs, while skybreak dragon is for alt damage, healer is jakei maiden and crystal phoenix (crystal phoenix is real expensive, i usually deploy it when already in midgame snowballing), crystal crawler with swap is great escape and be careful not to trap your own champ in it crystal trails.

6. Lonx

ST Lonx 4.5.2015.jpg

i really like this deck, its easy to learn and many lonx is hits real hard, record ranked is 5 win 4 loss. but really i want to make this deck to main deck but i cant because i think its still need lonx chieftain (too expensive for me) but everything else is already good enough

thats all the ST BGs i had, i need feedback for further improving them, what runes is bad or good
    i plan to make flying deck later because the staple runes for flying is quite expensive for me now (strig warlock, frostwing glaive and borderguard elite)

hope this will help other newbie to play ST and improve other ST players. cheers :D:D
    PS: sorry for bad engrish :p

[EDIT]
    add adaptive deck:
    https://poxbase.com/deck/c5kC8Fcl8CwfCl7CgjctjC4jck=c2ic6us7@s19s7bs2Ls5qs13S2Ks6fr30r1yrIE1D

i build this deck because i got k'ento from box (yay!!), i saw lot of ppl use adaptive in 2v2 and i think its pretty strong too, need feedback for this deck because i new of this theme.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
    JellyBerry and xezno like this.
  2. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

Here is my Lonx Deck:
    https://poxbase.com/deck/Cl8c2tChfCa5cuqC2qcqVClNClqc87c4is7Ks7@s19S2Ls5qs13sNs4ar3dr1_rIe38

I am just a noob also so I am curious to see what others may post here however I find the ST forums to be some of the worst at giving any advice. I find Chieftain to be one of the key runes to my lonx deck and he is totally worth the price. I used to have Gnark in the deck but I found I never once deployed him unless I was already winning by a large margin. Anyway that is all I got. I hope a few more reply and I am coping most of your decks to give them a try. Thanks for posting all this!

Xzablaz likes this.
  3. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

I'm sorry you feel this sub forum isn't helpful. In regards to your deck id drop one missionary in favor of another hunt leader. Hunt leader is really good beater with initiative and has good support abilities (improve: X) so it's certainly worth a x2 include.

The missionary is a decent healer and its boosts via sermon. After you setup for a sermon power turn he probably won't be attacking anymore for a few turns. IF you decide to keep the extra missionary I'd consider dropping the striker.

Striker is a good champ but there are better options. What the hell is better than a sub 70 Nora champ with 1-4 range? Well not much but your deck is already pretty good and you don't really need a another champ with range. But he is 1-x so he is a melee champ with decent threat range! That is true but I'd be more inclined to include another Lonx ambusher because of the shock factor of stealth+pounce double tap(catches your opponent off guard a lot and it's really hard to comeback from a what seems like spontaneous 30+ damage.

Lastly drop healing hand for another ice storm. It's not really worth the Nora to use healing hand when most of your champs are about 20 Nora off from being capable of being deployed. Ice storm is useful and you will always use it. While healing hand is more or less a wasted deck slot when you could just deploy another champ. There are situations were you need to keep a key champ alive but those scenarios can be connected to you not having deployed enough in the first place. Building on my prior comment about ice storm it's a spot 10 damage spell that grounds fliers and leaves champs chilled so it's really spot 12 damage.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2015
    Xzablaz and xezno like this.
  4. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

https://poxbase.com/deck/C2tchfCa5cuqC2qcqVClNclqC8Dc3tc87cjus7Ks14s7@s19S2Ls13s4Vr3dr1_r1yrIe1M

Only one Channeler because I usually don't deploy one unless I get it very early/first. One Missionary because I only use him when I'm in a comfy position for the occasional Sermon to get kills. One Hunt Leader because I really think one is enough, but that's my opinion. Shredder is there because IS OP, the same reason as Darius' Favour since Lonx are mostly rangers and it's on spot strike to bypass defense, as well declare target. Swap because I love Swap, always will. Arctic Wail has synergy with marauders and pretty much anything for powerturns, as well serves to finish off annoying relics (hi Tomb gtfo ty). I find Hunters to be the most enjoyable thing to play ever and they certainly make things easier, their ability to tank is top notch. The rest are pretty much self explanatory. I'm not all that keen on containment unit (haven't been much of a fan ever) but I find some uses for it every now and then, most of the time I replace it with whatever I want to test or mess with, though. It's also better to have Halberd and not need it than needing it and not having it, it's easily replaceable perhaps but much like the Spanish Inquisition, nobody expects it.

That's what I've been messing around with. Could certainly use improvements but this is the sort of build I've found most comfortable.

@OP these decks are looking pretty good, It's just a matter of getting your hands on more runes and experimenting now.

xezno and Xzablaz like this.
  5. Xzablaz

what upgrades u run on lonx hurler and lonx chieftain?

thanks!! :D do you have suggestion in what runes should i aim next?

6. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

I'd say the default choices on both paths for Hurler are rather fine, though there might be a reason to make power attack L1 to reduce costs and only spend 55 nora on him while Chieftain is out.

I run relocate ally and Aid Defense on chieftain. Probably the best go to build for a Lonx battlegroup. Momentum could be nice in certain situations, though.

As for runes you should get probably Chieftains for the Lonx Battlegroup. They really ease things up, add moblity, defense via aid and up to 6 range which is something nice to have.

The rest look pretty solid in my opinion, maybe a crystal wolverine to spice things up on Crystals. Crystal Elemental buffs other champs and tanks quite well, one of the gems from recent patches, it comes with Freeze Aura and Frost Aura so it's good at harassing. I see no reason (personally) to run Crystal Dragon, but again, tied to choice. If you're running two dragons you probably don't need the fascinating saph, though. Also Crystal Crawler is on a very weird spot at the moment so I don't know how I feel about them. I'd pin another Crystal Yeti right there because these babies pay for themselves.

And... that's about it. The others have plenty of options so what you deem best will suffice as opposed to any suggestion I can give you.

Looking good~

Xzablaz likes this.
  7. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

I'll try and tackle each bg as time progresses. Your crystal bg has most of the key runes however a few changes I would suggest.

Drop the Jakei Frost Queen. She's just not worth an include for her cost. I'd include another Icesnap in her place. With the revere discount you will be dropping Icesnaos relatively cheap.

Drop Both Crystal Crawlers. Yep both of em the swap+trail interaction is troublesome and causes you to pay for an ability you won't use or at least shouldn't. Include another crystal wolverine and crystal yeti. Crazed charger is an amazing ability and has the yeti hitting like a freight train(nuff said). Evasive on wolverine helps a lot with his survivability and after being engaged twice he becomes quite tanky.

Drop fascinating sapphire and containment unit. You already have crystal dragon for the fascinate combo. Sure a spot fascinate combo is nice but it's not really worth a bg slot. IF you really wanna pull off the fascinate combo you have the dragons.

I'll finish up later

Last edited: Apr 6, 2015
  8. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Don't run Arctic Wail, that rune is bad. >.>

9. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

Um. . . wut?

Global 15 Frost DMG (ampable) to Relics and global -2 DEF to everything non-arctic. Demolish is only 5N less for AoE3 Relic destruction. There are a number of situations where Arctic Wail will outperform other anti-relic spells while also acting as a mini-power turn for ST. It can also support surprise Shrine rushes when used in conjunction with Coordination Tower. Is it 1x auto? Certainly not. Is it entirely viable when included in BG's that have its uses in mind? Definitely.

10. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

It was a joke, because I am a bitter FW player who likes keeping his relics alive.

Entrepidus likes this.
  11. xezno

I have been playing around some with your 4. Beast deck and uh, I hate it. What is the trick to the deck? I know you said it is better late game but it has like no early game what so ever. Maybe I have just been getting bad draws too....

12. Xzablaz

firstly im sorry for not repliying quicly cos midterm test and so on..

i realize that problem about early game too, the beast deck i made mainly use snowcat as feeder for surge: beasts and minor damage and tank, but cat can be pretty decent too with boost from beast tamer, i consider swap arctic turtle with snowcharger cavalry but i dont have that one, consider using healing hand or double gale wind because gnark will get hit alot from enemy and snowcat can act as knockback stopper for galewind.

xezno likes this.
  13. xezno

LOL Welcome back!

Xzablaz likes this.
  14. Xzablaz

Thankyou! :D well its great to see many great players posting great deck here, hope it will keep going!