Newbies want runes in their managers, not intangible public decks.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lauremoon, Feb 14, 2015.

1. Lauremoon

Lauremoon I need me some PIE!

First things first. Public decks are awesome. You can play a really great deck for 0 coins or a little bit BUT...

When players spend their hard gotten money, they desperately want runes in their managers. You remember the old protectorate and wrath BGs? You could buy them for... 200 coins if I remember correctly. They were awesome for new players because when you buy them, you actually get runes, and people LOVE things of their own.

And it's happening. Sometimes, when a newborn buys a public deck he/she feels cheated because nothing appears in his/her rune manager! And that feeling is not cool.

Just a thought, but it would be awesome that newbies were gifted a 30 core-set BG from a faction of their choosing at the end of the tutorial... Just saying.

Nea, soulmilk, claydude5 and 5 others like this.
  2. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

I realllly want to agree with you. But I know deep down in my cynical achey-breaky heart that people would abuse the system for shards *Cough* H0spy *Cough*

claydude5 likes this.
  3. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I agree, it would be better if in completing the tutorial you get a free deck which you can use, modify and add new runes to.

It would require big changes to the system but seems like it would be a massive improvement in getting new players.

Osidan likes this.
  4. Lauremoon

30 core-set runes for completing the tutorial? That's a really hard farming lol

5. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

I bet a big fat green stack that people who do that would not spend their money on extended boxes anyway.

6. Valkyr

Valkyr The King of Potatoes

Make them untradable / unshardable.

7. Tricky1

Tricky1 I need me some PIE!

I'm sorry, but don't we already have pre-built battlegroups? Full ownership with banner and all? they're 20k or so in the marketplace. I can't seem to find the actual list of them and contents but it's still out their.

8. Sealer0

How long does it take to get 20k as a new player?

9. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

If I was going to design this from scratch I would have the tutorial completion give a faction starter group which you can do what you like with but which has only commons to rares, the last tutorial challenge would be to add a rune (that you obtained from your tutorials) into that BG.

So the idea of deck building and collecting is there from the start, as well as the addictive nature of rune rewards giving them incentive to keep going.

Valkyr, soulmilk, IMAGIRL and 3 others like this.
  10. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

Yes. So much yes.

11. Lauremoon

Yes, but to reach 20k-30k for a new player is pretty hard.

Would you like to play a tcg one full month withouth owning a single card? No cool, huh?

12. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

And as always, at least make publics appear in RM. Yes, I know you can't do that, but just do it.

13. Tricky1

Tricky1 I need me some PIE!

2 weeks( 5 days a week) tops 6 games a day (daily challenges) time range 20 minutes to 2 hours time(depending on the pvp win ratio). For a FREE TO PLAY aspect of the game to get REAL cards for FREE doing something they would have done otherwise.

14. Farfallo

Farfallo New Member

How about after completing the tutorial a player chooses a faction and gets a 30 rune BG of random runes from that faction.
    They are guaranteed at least one exotic rune and all the runes are untradable and unshardable like Valkyr said.
    Now when I say random, I don't mean 30 relics!!!! The BG is not going to a be a stacked theme deck but it will at least give the new player something to start off with for free and the fact that its random would let them call it their own. So if two new players are using this system and both choose FW, they would be two noobs using completely different deck from the faction.

15. Sealer0

If you got 2 champions in lol for playing 10 days 2 hours daily that game wouldn't have as many players as it has.

16. Revengercm

Revengercm I need me some PIE!

I'm sorry but this is bs. There are thousands of runes and I will NEVER get them all or even for one faction only. I do not think 30 runes from first day is going to hurt the devs wallet. It will help because they will receive loyal players and they will pay for more. To the spamming of this I think they already established that with the tutorial, you can't make a new account and win 6k gold again easily. They could just make it one per IP adress.

Lauremoon likes this.
  17. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

You clearly know very little about me if you think I have the time or willpower to repeat the tutorial for about 30 shards.

Sealer0 likes this.
  18. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I actually support this.

I know recently i've seen a lot of players asking where their runes are, only to discover that the Public BGs are just "there".

Valkyr, SPiEkY and Lauremoon like this.
  19. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I brought 2 new players into this game in the last week. This pretty much sums of some of their issue. I don't mind sharing with them though.

20. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

Maybe add a BG for each faction costing 5k gold or so. Only core set runes, 1 core set exotic.

SPiEkY likes this.