Nia the Guardian (monk champion - sketch)

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by IronStylus, Feb 26, 2017.

1. IronStylus

IronStylus I need me some PIE!

This is just a sketch concept for a monk called Nia (A girl monk, for now - race lonx, as I found an excellent picture of what the girl should be like) and Toro - a construct lantern that lead her way through many years of discipline life. She's meant to be protective about others and Toro has become her best friend who has taught her how to be the best guard. Toro doesn't care more than Nia if he dies (even though he's pretty tanky for a summon :p) and Nia learns to accept Toro might be not with her if he chooses to die for a greater good.

Screenshot from 2017-02-26 15:17:38.png Screenshot from 2017-02-26 15:17:42.png

the word Toro comes directly from Japanese Buddhism and is a lantern that leads a way to a buddhist temple.
    Nia is supposed to be a word-game: it refers to a music band name.

In terms of mechanics:
    Nia is meant to have defensive abilities (defensive strike/hold the line, nohkan do, high base damage)
    And as a monk is meant to have micro management and positioning tricks (1-2 range, defensive strike, freezing discipline)
    Toro, her friend is meant to be a tanky flying construct who illuminates opponents (flavorful, also reduces defense of opponents as addition to monk theme that relies mostly on basic attack damage)
    and is meant to have some other combat mechanic - i couldn't find anything good here, so i picked swap and nova, even though i really don't like nova on him.

the champ costs 71 with nohkan do and hold the line in the preview - it should be 3 more for arctic and amphibious + 12 for Toro pet - it's just a sketch, so i didn't pay much attention to the exact value, but wanted to stick to around 82+ nora cost overall.

Hold the line - if it's too strong for a combination with nohkan do/elusive leap it could be just replaced by defensive strike.
    The cooldown abilities would synergise with those of her another friend - the silent master but not make her OP.
    I was thinking also of protective on base.

Toro is meant to have 1 active ability to synergise also with silent master, but not too strong.
    Also one of the duet should have access to freezing opponents in some form.
    I also thought of giving her sundering discipline for long fights and lowering defenses.
    Toro could have something like a ranged attack that illuminates or a phantom dash - magic aura 3 or something more interesting.
    I'm not sure about the exact mechanics - it's just a sketch conept.

Nia art: girl monk by el grimlock
    Toro: google

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
  2. IronStylus

IronStylus I need me some PIE!