No Respawn from Exhume

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by kalasle, Sep 7, 2017.

1. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I used Exhume on a Coragh, a lot of time passed, and then when it died Gravewatcher died, but I didn't get my goddamn Coragh.

2. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

This also happens if you Dispel the champion targeted by Exhume -- the Exhume'ed champion dies, Gravewatcher dies, and no Reanimation trigger happens.

Edit: And on inspection, this (Dispel) is what happened in the previous situation with Coragh.

3. limone1981

limone1981 I need me some PIE!

exhume is bugged...just killed the gravewathcer, than killed a coragh, coragh rebirth as nothing happened

4. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Yeah, basically, it seems like the ability sets up a reanimation condition on the targeted champ, and makes Gravewatcher die when target champ dies, but these two things are in no way connected, even though the description says they are.

5. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

I just had Coragh respawn but not go on cooldown as if it had been removed from my deck the second time it died.

6. kussel

kussel The King of Potatoes

I exhumed a Bone Circle Archmage and when it died, Gravewatcher died but my Archmage didn't reanimate

7. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Sometimes CDs take a turn to show up in the CD bar. Alternatively, maybe the reanimation instance wasn't one that put champions on CD.

This was the original bug report -- did your BCA get Dispelled at any point?

My current guess about Exhume is that it applies two separate conditions: one positive one on the Exhume target that is identical to Reanimate, and one (potentially negative? maybe cleansable?) condition on the Gravewatcher that makes it die when the targeted champion dies; these conditions do not seem to be linked to each other except at original moment at which the ability is used.

8. kussel

Nope, no dispel, simply killed. I haven't been able to pinpoint where said reanimated champ will redeploy, sometimes its the spot it dies, sometimes in the closest deployment zone. In the situation with the archamage, his champ took the nora globe and ended it's turn where my archmage died, not sure if that affected it

9. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I have literally never seen the champion respawn on the spot.

10. kussel

It happened with my Coragh one game, it was in a font, however i wasn't controlling that font and it died in that font, and respawned in said font. It surprised me too.

11. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

You probably briefly had control of it because of a cap or something. I've seen that happen with a couple respawn mechanics before.