NohKanDo

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Querthose, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Querthose

Querthose The King of Potatoes

Well after playing with it for a while, I have to confess that the ability (and theme) seems to have taken too big a hit in the revamp. Unfortunately, the reality of 6 SPD units is that they don't often have much in the way of leftover AP. This is a tough one to fix, but perhaps instead of:

"Attacks miss for 2AP each. This ability does not trigger if this unit is stunned or paralyzed."

instead we go with:

"The first attack against this unit each turn automatically misses. Additional attacks miss for 2AP each. This ability does not trigger if this unit is stunned or paralyzed"

Either that or these units need their speeds bumped up to 7. Also, is it just me or did the core NKD units all lose DMG?

2. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

Thats a terrible idea. Give them all oblivion shield? They are artic already so the technically have +1 speed. Why make nohkando more op to accommodate you? That means if you dont move them after you deploy them they have 8 ap. The first 5 attacks against them will miss. Lol no.

3. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

They're OP font contestors as is.

Baskitkase and DarkJello like this.
  4. Querthose

as opposed to now when it's the first four attacks? not exactly a huge difference there.

5. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

I'm acctually quite enjoying the new NKD to be honest. You have to sacrifice attack to get some defense and vice versa.
    It's like the awesome Warfoot: if you make full use of Blitz, you can't really miss anything. Awesome.

6. Querthose

Perhaps the solution is also to limit the number of times the ability can trigger per turn.

"The first attack against this unit each turn automatically misses. Additional attacks miss for 2AP each. This ability can only trigger three times per turn and does not trigger if this unit is stunned or paralyzed"

Osidan likes this.
  7. Pedeguerra

I wouldnt exactly call sitting in a font not moving or attacking exactly OP, but whatever.

8. TheNidhogg

Well, I know the Vashal one can just sit there. Doesn't need to move or attack especially in 1v1 situations.

9. Pedeguerra

Well, yeah, but giving up offensively to gain a defensive advantage seems pretty legit. Still miles inferior to old NKD, though.
    Either way, still further testing needed, but so far I'm pleased with what I have found out.

10. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Name of that champ should be "Vashal Trollionaire", IMO. Agree?

11. TheNidhogg

In 1 v 1 situations you just need to save 4 AP to stop double attacks. So with a 7 speed melee guy they can't really do anything about it. They could drop a relic and give it up, but there are no good tactical options once they are parked in your font.

12. Pedeguerra

With the amount of cheap champs running around, there aren't many scenarios with 1v1 font battling, it's what I have found so far.

Goyo likes this.
  13. Gedden

Gedden Administrator Octopi

There are also meta answers to this as well. Poison Trap, Wail of Grief, Grim Aura, Terrify, Rip, Hammer Strike, Stun, Paralyze, Drought, Earthquake etc. Rapid attack is a new ability that also comes to mind.

I want to let this cook a little more, as using the new NKD calls for a slightly different play-style than the rest of pox, so its going to take a while before I think we can make a definitive call. It could be NKD needs to be weakened, it could be that the meta answers to NKD need to be more prolific.

14. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

Most of those require shelling out over half the NKD champion's nora. It doesnt seem efficient. Why not have things that get around NKD more easily on champs. Precision and Stun are the only abilities i can think of. Paralyze is only good for one hit.

15. TheNidhogg

Well, your champ based stun isn't going to help that much.

Thbigchief likes this.
  16. Zahmet

Zahmet The King of Potatoes

We don't need NKD to be a oblivion shield...

Having played maybe 5 games after the revamp with a handful of NKD champs I can say that they are good as they are, I can't really tell if they are OP or not, but they are not UP, the ability doesn't need a buff, if anything it can be changed as a whole, but I know Geddan have already iterated this many many times and I think they should at least let it play out a little.

They are awesome at contesting fonts, but sometimes it can bite you back if you get "drained" of ap and can't counterattack, but if you just look at it in pure math you are almost always useing less ap to make them miss than what they use to attack (unless they have something like rapid attack, multiattack etc)