Non-Champ Sets?

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by kalasle, Aug 26, 2017.

1. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Curious what people run for their non-champion runes. Are there any packages that you include everywhere? What do you think are the best non-champ runes in the faction?

2. Varthas

Varthas I need me some PIE!

2 x Despoil, Bazaar, Skull of Decay and Elsarin Vex i always include. The best non-champ rune is to me Bazaar, it is good but risky for shrine health down the line.

3. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

2x Despoil, really? Why is that?

4. Varthas

Varthas I need me some PIE!

Because i am not very creative on the battlefield, and i often use Despoil, the same with Skull of Decay i often runs x2 of it aswell. But i know i should replace one of them with better and more creative alternatives, like Mystic Atelier in example.

5. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

I'm pretty sure Despoils duration almost matches its cooldown, there is very little reason to run two.

6. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Duration is half its CD.

potatonuts likes this.
  7. potatonuts

Well I pretty much always run 1x Despoil, it's a good spell but I don't find myself using it very often.

Apart from that I'm running all the usual stuff still, 1x Doom, Essence Drain, Grabby Hands, Mobi and Soulreave. I always run 1x Reapers Blade and Skull of Decay, Tomb depending on the deck. Also have my theme specific stuff like Dark Rising and Elsarin Night in the relevant decks. Still havn't tested EN since it got changed but I'm not optimistic about the loss of Crushing Charge.

8. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Bone circle staff, bazaar, tome, skull of decay, mobi, essence drain, despoil and execution order are in basically all my decks at the moment.

9. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Is this because of Bazaar, or are there more reasons?

Would love elaboration on this.

10. potatonuts

It's pretty awesome now, I'm yet to run it in anything but Vamps though.

11. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Elsari Bazaar and Tempest Crown in most of my decks. FW UD. For the ireguards. Or the fluffy bunny.

12. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I really like the spell and always wanted to make it work back when it was a bit more suicidal, I just have never found a situation where I like it yet. Curious to hear someone else talk about experiences with it.

13. themacca

Global damage is nice too but it's mostly to allow me to use bazaar permanently all game.

Execution order is pretty great now and with obsidian vengers basically being x2 In all of my decks if you time it on their maximum rage they can 1 shot basically anything within 4 spaces. Outside of vengers it gives my cheap meat a big damage potential buff

14. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Ok, that makes sense. How often do you find yourself using the Execute and Mobility portions of the ability compared to the 2 AP?

Edit: Also, what build do you run on Venger? Multi/Rage?

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
  15. themacca

I run shield and rage on vengers. (They're basically mini bastions) i always forget the mobility is even a thing but i use execute frequently as long as it doesn't prevent a double attack. Its good for hit and runs too i suppose

16. potatonuts

It's only really 1 AP as you have to spend 1 to activate Execute, i guess it could be used as a mini Mobi instead though. I personally love having Mobility as a secondary effect, it can be used to counter defensive positioning and people rarely expect it.

17. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Maybe I haven't figured how to use it because I've been thinking about it as a mini-Mobi, rather than for its Execute component in equal measure. I'll give it more of a whirl.

18. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I have a really consistent core of 2x ED, 1x Hands, 1x Mobi; 1x Skull, 1x Banner, 1x Statue; 1x Collar, 1x BCS, 1x Soul Reaver. Those ten runes end up in every deck I make. I'm surprised how much I consistently love Hands, even after all these years, but I think that rune is just the bees knees.

19. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Despoil wasn't in my rotation, but I am really coming around to it.

Somewhat related, but what do people think of Dead Zone Voodoo? I am not sold on the spell yet, but its effect is very strong for 35 nora. The issue is how difficult it is to aim.

And, specifically for equips, what is everyone running? I feel like BCS/Collar/Soul Reaver is an incredibly solid core and then I almost never include anything else. I might run Elsari Helm if Shatter didn't seem to be a regular thing. Anyone had success with Blight Ring?

20. themacca

Solid include if you've got some shadestrike in the BG but otherwise needing to have previously cast despoil or relying on an attempted font grab reduces its usable scenarios too much to be worth including.