Non-Client Non-Balance Stuff

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Aug 16, 2017.

1. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

You are still not getting it. You seem to think I am talking about me when I am talking about Pox as a whole.

Even here you still claim "no time being spent on UX" when that's a lie. The entire time since DOG came back there's been multiple people working on UX side of things, from Forge to League Rewards to Quests to the new client. Again, you may not like the results, but claiming "no time" is being spent is BS.

Even the last patch (Sept 1st) was almost entirely UX fixes, not balance. But I guess that stuff took "no time" to fix/address.

SireofSuns and Woffleet like this.
  2. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

Do you see a difference at all between design and balance?

Example nerf the current healing, it is too good

Example redesign divine favor to be similar to rite of regeneration

Ambiguity: animated blade is changed to fill a new role which is not occupied by lerper, but he retains shatter.

Ambiguity: grabby hands changed to deal at least 1-4 damage LOL to negate IS bonus

I understand some of the small / medium changes are hard to justify since balance issues will arrise (will skeletons / grabby hands be OP?) So how do you as a Dev distinguish between the two? As calisk has said, there will always be a strongest faction, so balance is really not a huge factor in game health unless it is severely skewed. I agree with this sentimet , so would it not be wiser to at least change the game to allow more strategies?

And if you haven't noticed, ive gained quite a bit of ELO with the same deck, and I honestly never changed my opinion about the design which is unhealthy, despite NOT really abusing much of it to gain my elo (aside from an instance of global healing, spot summon destroy, and ritual spells). I've stuck to skeletons the entire time, and I've beat good players fairly consistently (I have one of the lowest win rates for my elo).

This is to say, I just think that the game has some unhealthy design, which causes polarizing draw wins more often then it should. The only time where balance becomes a problem for me enjoyment wise, is it when the game ends too fast (UD 8 speeds + OPs for example). Arguably, healing is causing stale gameplay, but I think that is more due to the way healing is designed right now.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
  3. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

how is this going sok, any news?

4. Sokolov

Charged abilities are a PITA.

5. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

D: be strong it will work out eventually

6. Sokolov