Nora Drain Solution

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MikeLin, May 6, 2014.

1. MikeLin

MikeLin I need me some PIE!

The player that goes second gets 80 Nora, and the player that goes first gets 60 Nora before the anybody takes a turn. And when they take there turn they gain 45 passive Nora on top of that from the shrine being there.
    Starting Nora of 1st turn player: 105
    Starting Nora of 2nd turn player: 125

1st turn players that draw/carry Nora Drain have a really unfair advantage because they can just play a champ that is <= 60 Nora and Nora Drain. First turn Nora Drain will make the player that goes 2nd almost impossible to come back from due to the fact that: when the 2nd player takes his turn, he will only start with 45 Nora instead of 125. In most cases, if the 2nd player starts with 45 Nora, he will not be able to summon anything (or won't be able to summon something fast i.e. at least 5 speed).

Solution: NOBODY gets the initial Nora of 80 or 60 until there turn starts. So in this case, everybody will start the game with 0 Nora. When their turns start, the specific players will get the original amounts of 125 or 105 Nora respectively.

2. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Only has a better idea, that you have to target the opponents champ. That would work.

Edit: that or remove it from the game, nobody would miss it.

3. Dantezz

Dantezz Member

Has Nora Drain been a problem? Maybe I missed it but I think I have only seen this spell a handful of times in the years I've been playing. Is this a real issue or just a once-in-a-blue-moon type issue?

4. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Real draw win issue.

TheNidhogg likes this.
  5. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

If their is one thing I have learned about the poxnora community over the years is that sometimes the most op things you can play people don't realize is op or even worth something until someone else discovers it.

6. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

Or Nora Drain could start revealed, but on cd of 1/2 (not sure whether the cd gets reduced on turn 1) and then reduce it's nora cost by a bit to allow strategic use when an opponent appears to be saving up for a powerturn.

7. MikeLin

MikeLin I need me some PIE!

I saw Taylor clutching with it and Rav. Both of those games they won.
    Very true, people tend to bandwagon, later on everybody playing FS will run it. My way to fix it is simple(doesn't change much) except how you gain Nora early game

8. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

Ban from ranked would be nice
    Its the worst kind of drawwin.