nora for the opponent

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by dooiefries, Apr 15, 2014.

1. dooiefries

dooiefries The King of Potatoes

What ways are there to give the opponent some Nora so that Woodland Jester gets his damage buff?
    I'm thinking things like Nora Well.

2. Prami

Prami I need me some PIE!

It works. I use to have a deck based around this. Put in Arrowsingers, Tortain corsairs, Woodland Jesters, Nora Well, & Centaur Regulators, and anything that generates Nora for you will help buff your creatures. Put in Nora Drain & Nora Artillery & you're left with a Nora control deck that does some very interesting things.

Don't forget that the Corsairs have Tariff, which can be very useful when your ranged units are hitting for 50 damage.

I would like to see Nora Drain do the opposite of Marsh Song, and drain increments of Nora every round.

only likes this.
  3. only

only Active Member

actually, I'm interested in this. numbers would be up to discussion, but it sounds neat.

4. Prami

It could just be flat out the opposite of Marsh Song, numbers and all.
    Expend 30 Nora to drain your opponent of 50 Nora over 5 rounds.
    The ratio seems fine anyways.

I would also like to see Nora Well changed to have Nora Link, and simply grant you 8 Nora at the start of your turns.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  5. only

only Active Member

considering other "nora deny effects", you usually need to pay MORE than opponents would lose. so I guess the "MORE" would be a tempo hit.

6. Prami

Mhm, it would be gradual after all.

7. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

You named it, Nora Well. I have tried out a lot of different interactions, including interactions with a Centaur Regulator out, and Nora Well is the only one that seems to trigger Resonance for your friendly champs. You can make a pretty mean KF/FS deck that focuses on Resonance (x2 Woodland Jester, x2 Arrowsinger, x2 Tortun Corsair, and x2 Nora Well). If I remember correctly, with x2 Nora Wells out, Tortun Corsair hits for something like 32 DMG (assuming your opponent didn't use any additional Nora Gen). The downside is that you are spending nora on the wells (60 nora for 2) and the KF champs are missing out on +1 SPD, but the damage you can receive can make one-rounding very easy. I wouldn't bother with that deck unless you have x2 of all the KF Resonance champs, though.

Oh yeah, Nora Well doesn't work with Centaur Regulator, BTW.

Edit: Perhaps a Psychic Ping/Resonance KF/FS deck would annoy the heck out your opponent.

8. Prami

But it should. Regulator works with Marsh Song though, at least i think.

That's part of why i want Nora Well to have Nora Link, and just give 8 Nora to the owner. It would solve the buggy interaction.

9. Xirone

Actually, I think Nora Link works with Nora Well but the nora gained from Nora Link doesn't add to the Resonance damage. With Nora Link out you also give 8 nora to your opponent so all it ends up doing is increase the amount of nora both players get each turn.

10. Prami

I'm pretty sure that Nora Link adds resonance damage. If it doesn't then it should.

11. Xirone

It doesn't. Trust me, I've tried to abuse it many times. It should according to the text, but it doesn't.

Edit: Also, I doubt the devs would want to fix a bug that would increase abuse mechanics. :)

12. RedDain

RedDain I need me some PIE!

Nora Link used to work with resonance damage, but iPox and I broke that mechanic... Nora Well, Nora Pearls, and Regulator... then drop a resonance champ, spam spam spam the spells and your Resonance champ is buffed to insane levels of damage. I did 12,000 damage in one hit once.

The instantaneous Resonance effect was very quickly nerfed after that... (for example, with TWO regulators out, you could equip+recycle x2; each regulator gives half nora cost to opponent, so that 2x nora given to opponent immediately... with the right equipment, you could quickly get a resonance champ up to 150 damage or more.)

13. Prami

Then the ratio should be tweaked. As a mechanic, it's something that belongs in the game.

Start with giving 30% back to the other player through Nora Link & Nora Pearls, drop the amount of nora the other player gets from Nora Well to 5, and tweak the ratio of Recycle too (so that the max a player can get is 50% instead of 100%).
    How could you possibly get 12000 damage? Was this when you could use Bliss in split decks?
    Another option would be to have Resonance be non-stacking, and have the highest increment of Nora generated determine the damage for Resonance.

14. RedDain

2x nora well, 2x nora pearls, 2x regulator. lots of multiples of nora generation happening... save up cast several spells, and each instance of nora gen is then doubled by the two regulators. It stacks up pretty quickly. And no, Bliss was not in use, at all.

Finally, regarding the mechanic itself... I find it kind of amusing that someone who complains so mightily about complexity, non-intuitive, weird and unpredictable mechanics is basically willy-nilly throwing around (apparently) random numbers in terms of changing this, that or the other percentage, mechanic and so forth.

On the other hand, I do actually like your "highest increment" idea... interesting.

As it stands, Resonance only triggers off of nora your opponent generates/receives during their turn. Your resonance champ only gets extra damage on your next turn from my nora gen on my turn.

Otherwise, again: 2x nora pearls, 2x nora well, 2x regulator... get a bunch of illusions, saplings or something else grouped up... 2x thorn collection over completely occupied terrain generates massive amounts of nora from mutliple sources... it's ugly.

15. Prami

Not random at all. 50% -> 30% & 8 -> 5. I've always thought that Recycle was a bit too powerful if used on one's own equipment, so capping the return at 50% seems like a reasonable first step to addressing the ability.

I oppose needless complexity & unintuitive mechanics, that doesn't mean that i dislike every intricate mechanic within Pox Nora. I'm just throwing ideas out here mate, and you should be doing the same.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  16. RedDain

I propose ideas all the time...