Nora Gem-Based Battlegroup

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Erlade, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Erlade

Erlade The King of Potatoes

I had the idea to make a group focused on Nora Gems, under the assumption that the Luminescence can be transferred across multiple Gems in a straight line. I have a few questions regarding this, however.

The Savage Tundra would obviously be the best choice for a Nora Gem focused battlegroup, since it has several Champions with Endless Devotion, Nora Gem, and Luminescence abilities. However, unless I limit myself to the two Nora Gems of the Tundra, I think it would be best to use one of the split-faction races so I can get two split-faction bonuses, rather than be weakened with just one. Any suggestions about which would be best?

Also, do Gems only acquire abilities from nearby Gems that they normally have, or can Luminescence abilities be jumped across multiple Gems? For example, say you have a Cleansing Emerald, and six spaces away you place a Defiling Spinel, and another six spaces away you place a Scouring Jasper. Would the Jasper gain the Emerald's Cleansing Luminescence as well as the Spinel's Defiling Luminescence, or would only the Spinel be graced with two extra Luminescence abilities?

2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

If one gem isn't in the others direct range, it won't get the buffs. Gems don't transfer another gems power to yet another gem.

The whole fascinate spam + deafening aura spam doesn't seem that bad since the fascinate triggers one after another, dragging people around doing full damage from deafening aura from all champs onto the champ being fascinated towards all places. It's on the fatty dragon and crystal howler. Smash in some random decent gem champs for max effect. Relocation effects.

SPiEkY likes this.
  3. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Super annoying to play against, too

4. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

Fascinating luminescence was just patched out, although some crystals still have fascinate. It's not a win condition anymore.

5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Welp bummer

6. Erlade

Erlade The King of Potatoes

Dammit. Good thing I waited to try this out until after Planar Disturbances.