Nora Globes: The Hidden Nora

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by yobanchi, Sep 11, 2016.

1. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

I would just like to bring up one of the things that bothers me regarding this game and that is how many things are hidden knowledge. For example take something like nora globes.

They are %15 of the destroyed champion's nora cost. While this sounds easy to deduce you also have to consider multiple globes on the field and the only visual clue to its value without doing the calculation is that the size of the globe roughly depicts how much.

Is it possible to have a better visual depiction of how much nora is in the globe to make it easier?
    If not then is it possible to just standardize the globe amount to say 10 nora?

That way you only have to mention it once: nora globes are 10 nora. and be done with it. The only thing I see needing a change after this would be graveyard going to summoned to prevent nora generation from the spawns.

newsbuff, Pattn199, 4NIK8 and 2 others like this.
  2. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

I think somethings could make life alot easier on newbies but it would be somewhat of a drastic change to the game, which we've seen in the past can have a big impact on the older playerbase, humans dont like change especially when its sudden. But still, a number of things could ease the burden a little and nora globes giving a clear number would be one i can agree with. Another id like is for floating text like we have with for AP and Regen but for nora gen via fonts/shrine so a 47 pops up above your shrine at start of your turns (maybe 45 if a sneaky nora hex is about) and 12 above any fonts u own, i know this sounds basic af but some people find it easier to remember when theres a constant visual slapping you in the face.

Another that would require a ton of work i imagine and would simplify the game alot so im not entirely sure how i feel about it, but it would be a damage calculator when u hover over a potential attack. Sometimes i simply dont have enough time to plan out my turn and then do all the math involved to work out if i may just have enough to one round something. By the time ive figured it out, my turns ended and i havent moved half my units lol. I am quite bad at Pox though lmao.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2016
    Pattn199, Qucas and yobanchi like this.
  3. yobanchi

Yeah, I like the idea of the blue nora numbers popping up from above fonts/shrines. At least something visual.

Pattn199, Qucas and Anima26 like this.
  4. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

The nora globes could round down to the nearest 5 nora and then the poxnora artist could change the art for the nora globes so the globes themselves state how much they are worth (that is, 5, 10, 15, etc...)? That probably wouldn't be too hard to code and implement when the devs get time. Just a thought.

5. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

Almost a decade playing this game and I never knew it was 15% of the champs cost heh, good luck new players

6. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Absolutely 100% no ****** way should all globes be a set standard of nora

Carry on

TeaScholar, Etherielin, Qucas and 5 others like this.
  7. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

graveyard looking pretty good

or just a visual indication of how much a globe is worth ya feel

Baskitkase likes this.
  8. yobanchi

Already stated that graveyard would go to summon if this was this case. Your crusty is showing.
    Also I'd be more then happy with just a visual indication of the globe amount.

Qucas and Anima26 like this.
  9. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I do believe a standard amount of nora per globe would benefit cheap champs like zombies and moga way too much. A champion that is 25-35 nora would drop a 10 nora globe on death? Too much. My idea posted above might work (i.e. each globe is 15% of the nora cost of the champ, rounded down to the nearest 5, to a minimum of 5, and then the artwork for the globe states what it is worth). This change would still benefit cheap champs a little more than others but not nearly as much as a higher standard nora globe amount.

Regardless, if there were to be a change, I'd prefer one that lets you know what a nora globe is worth before you pick it up. That's why I'm not a big fan of blue numbers rising above the champ when it is collected. That "solution" is still much better than the current situation.

Etherielin, Tweek516, Qucas and 2 others like this.
  10. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

How about a little number on/above the globe showing how much it is? That seems like the most straightforward way to me, and doesn't require and gameplay or balance changes.

Etherielin, Tweek516, Boozha and 4 others like this.
  11. fogandsteel

fogandsteel I need me some PIE!

Not sure if it's necessay. It can be argued that calculating amount of Nora in each Nora globe is part of the complexity of the game. The player who does it better/faster has the advantage. That calculation probably should be done even before a particular champ is destroyed. And at the very least you should know by heart the amount of Nora each of the champs in your deck drops.

While we on this subject, what I want to know is: After 15% is calculated, is it rounded up or down?

12. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Games way complex enough, if you want to attract and retain new players in 2016 (imho) the game needs some of its extensive complexity toned down a little. Something like this is very minor but it still eases the burden and makes things a little simpler.

13. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

I dont think making people do arithmetic is a good way to go when trying to sell something thats a game (umless its a math game :) )...or meant to be part of the game. Now dont get me wrong, I like a good mindbender as much as the next tbs player. But bg building, positioning, planning , trickery should be the fun/focus,, not solving math problems , all under 2min.
    played tons of heavy duty tbs games,, panzer series, gary.g.artfof war, civs etc,, they all had calculators,, it simply becomes to much, after a while , the map becomes so clogged your not even playing the game anymore, just solving math problems.

Qucas and Anima26 like this.
  14. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Is skill using a calculator or knowing when to pick a globe up?

Let's be real here, the same argument was used for the original attack/defense calculation that was part of the "skill", where every top player just had a notepad and/or calculator open

15. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

why ya tryin to ruin mah deck bruh

TeaScholar likes this.
  16. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Yes to nora globes showing how much they grant.

No to static nora globe values.

17. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Math OP

Pattn199 and Qucas like this.
  18. serxic

serxic I need me some PIE!

Is better tombstones instead of nora globes.

19. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

I can't be the only one who often thinks a globe is gonna give me enough Nora to cast or deploy to only find I'm a few short after grabbing it?

+1 to the gloves having a number in the middle of them to indicate what you'll get for taking it.

Blood balls could have a - number to show how much Hp you'd lose too

TeaScholar, Pattn199, Xirone and 5 others like this.
  20. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

We nerfed SL bonus for the same reason

damn hippies