Nora loan

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kampel, Jun 2, 2014.

1. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

I don't post this one on rune ideas because i don't know if its even possible.

Nora Loan: You can deploy a champeon of any cost and you only pay the nora you have right now. Your shrine gains the "debt" condition. For the next consecutive turns you will loose nora equal to the nora you couldn't pay when that champeon was deployed until the debt is payd off. Your shrine will loose 10 HP for every turn you are in debt.

The example:
    I have only 10 nora, and i deploy a 100 nora champ. I only pay 10 nora for it and for about 2 turns i would be loosing the 45 nora i earn each turn, at the start of the turn, to pay the debt and my shrine would have lost 20 HP by the time i pay it off.

Would this be possible?
    If it were possible:
    Where would you like the origin of this effect come from? Ability, Shrine activable, spell..?
    Any loan has its interests, is the Shrine HP loss enought? What would you like it to be instead?
    What change would you do to it to make it viable? any kind of limits/max you would add to it?

2. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

why make rush stronger?

3. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

Turning Voil into Moga. Hmm...

4. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

Not gonna lie , its op and don't support it.......
    Lets say your opponent spends all his Nora on a power turn on 1 side of the map.... but you are about to contest his undefended font on the other side of the map.
    Usually this gives him a choice, Use the power turn and kill something on side X and lose your other font.........or deploy a defender on side Y.

Your idea is basically taking out the choice factor....and giving him everything he needs...... 10-20 hp loss to shrine but he gets to win the game.

5. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Only issue I see is that it would be EXTREMELY strong if drawn first turn.

I could see it possibly working as a spell in various ways. For example if I wanted to give the spell to IS it would be as follows:

Merchant Guild Loan - 35 Nora - You gain 100 nora. At the end of your turn you lose all remaining nora and you generate no nora from fonts for the next 4 rounds.

or if you wanted a FW version:

Death's Bargain - 35 Nora - The next champion you deploy costs no nora and gains Death's Bargain (At the beginning of each of your turns this champion loses 10 HP. This effect cannot be cleansed or removed)

Not sure as to the balance of these but I think they would be pretty decent.

6. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

There is one problem I see with your idea, sadly (I rather like it!). As I understand it, discounts only occur AFTER deploying whatever it is (like the SP faction bonus). So it would kinda need to be like the IS one you came up with, but perhaps not as punishing. How about only halving the Nora you gain? Otherwise you end up not gaining anything, and it essentially becomes a way to lose your own Nora fonts for a few turns (for only one unit too!).

7. Kampel

Could be a Shrine ability that starts with 10 turn CD. Is there any other way you could think of that doesnt make rush stronger?

Yeah, that could be a problem.. If it had a "only deploy on shrine zone" clause, would that avoid the problem? I dont want to cut the choice factor but add another so people doesnt feel so helpless on this kind of situations..

What if it was a Champeon ability like:

Nora Loan (AP 2, CD 4): When this ability is activated, this champeon looses 10 hp, and all your champeons cost 16 less nora to deploy until end of turn. All champeons deployed while this effect is active permanently gain the "mercenary" and "scorn" abilities.

Would this one make it viable? Scorn to counter death benefit abuse. Mercenary instead of giving you a free champ..

Example of champ:

Dwarf Moneylender
    HP: 45
    SPD: x
    Def: x
    ATK: x
    RNG: x

Attack X(any type depends on the champ)
    Nora Loan
    Charged Heal
    Deploy Charged 1

Last edited: Jun 2, 2014
  8. Poxineer

Poxineer The King of Potatoes

nora loan jesus christ

9. egami

egami Devotee of the Blood Owl

Next Up: Avatar Reverse Mortgage

I can already see the commercials with shoeboxed champion spokespersons.

dsjtheman likes this.
  10. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

It's mindblowing that you don't realise how utterly broken this would be

Nebron likes this.
  11. egami

egami Devotee of the Blood Owl

[​IMG]
    Henry Winkler is willing to say it's a good idea. How could anything go wrong if the Fonz endorses it? The guy jumped a shark. A shark.
    [​IMG]

Note: WTF is Henry doing pushing old people into a concept where the fine print is often a killer? The guy is worth $146 million.

12. Taylor

Taylor I need me some PIE!

really bad idea. Would run the game

13. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

It's too easy to work around for the benefit it gives.
    If multiple debiting champs were present you could lay a whole army down within the first few turns and just steamroll.

There already is an ability that is similar to this in mercenary where you get a discount but pay nora back as the champ goes.

If you want I could see varying ranks of mercenary instead.

14. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

Benefits are gamebreaking strong and drawbacks can be played around.

15. Hekatian

Hekatian The King of Potatoes

I would love to deploy a Zev for 8 nora. Sign me up!

16. iPox

iPox Forum Royalty

It would certainly be interesting, if you could deploy Champions for Shrine HP instead of Nora.
    Say you have 74 Nora in your Nora Pool, but you want to deploy a Champion which costs 80 Nora.
    You can still deploy it, but it will cost you 74 Nora and 6 Shrine HP.

Disclamer: I like the idea. I have no idea how broken that would be.

17. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

There was an ability once that caused you to lose 3 shrine health every round. Actually I think theres an UD relic that does that.

18. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

You are thinking of Ethereal Pool. It grants Scornful.
    The ability used to be on a champion as well but was removed at some point.

19. Kampel

Alright then, it won't work =P
    Nora is too fragil to modify.