Nora Shard report... day 1

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by b33rdragon, Mar 10, 2014.

1. b33rdragon

b33rdragon The King of Potatoes

I took some time to re-visit the new back from the dead "forge system".
    Love it.

After only going through FS, and sacrificing all runes I had +10 of , and I bought 1 rare (for 50), I have 698 shards :)

lol.
    Special thanks to the 37 Backfire Boon I had.

Later I will dive into FW.

2. avichaif

avichaif Devotee of the Blood Owl

why u post this?

3. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Why not?

b33rdragon likes this.
  4. b33rdragon

Because when you have been a part of this game for as long as I have, you end up with a truck-ton of wasted runes. During the early years, you could reclaim some value, but that feature went away. Now that is is back I am happy to turn all that junk into 3 or more exotics I am missing.

This is a fyi to those that didn't know, this is a great feature, go use it. For the most part, it is also better than the trading system.

5. avichaif

avichaif Devotee of the Blood Owl

u can use poxbox too

6. b33rdragon

Yes I could, but what would poxbox give me for 41 rotmaw creepers?

7. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

There is also the Rune Pool =P.

Though that said, I am glad you are enjoying this feature. I think in general, it is well done, though there definitely can be improvements, it is nice to have.

8. nitebane21

nitebane21 I need me some PIE!

I munched up a bunch of runes too, including a useless exo to get some shards. I wish the commons/uncommons were a little cheaper to forge and gave a little better return. It's not even worth my time to sac uncommons for 2 shards right now. I'm starting to find that you're much better off trading for anything but exos if you're a new player. They're easy to come by and people have no problem handing them out or trading for different runes of the same shard value. I think the best value is going to come from forging good 250 crystal exos and then trying to trade them for crappy 500 crystal exos.

9. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

8000 shards and I'm not even finished champs yet

10. nitebane21

nitebane21 I need me some PIE!

Whoa! A lot of exos or 5 zillion uncommons?

It's starting to seem like the forge is great for longtime players looking to unload 31 of their 33 Polar Ants as you can turn trash into treasure. For new players though, the conversion rates seem to make it a pretty poor option. Although a massive hassle that can take days, I'm much better off trying to trade for those two Extended uncommons that I want compared to trying to craft them. Once the veterans get done dumping their 793 magma bunnies, I don't think think the forge will see much use in its current state.

11. Nemorga

Nemorga I need me some PIE!

Wow!!!

12. b33rdragon

8000... nice.
    I am now around 2350, and I have only done 3 factions. Plus, if I had 25 Nora Miners, I only dropped down to 10. I still have 10 runes of about 25% of all FS/FW/IS.
    I have a bunch of 30+ runes in SP/ST/SL... this will take a while.

Nitebane, I agree with you 100%. The forge is much better for long time players than new ones. I have been around since the ST launch, so my collection is just plain bloated.

13. b33rdragon

all done, this was not a fast process, but one I was happy to complete. In the end, with only sac'ing c and uc runes, and buying 1 rare, I ended up with 6419 shards.
    I can now buy 12 exos hassle free. I still have some more c and uc runes to sac, but for now I am good where I am.

14. Valkyr

Valkyr The King of Potatoes

If only I could do the same with my last expansion dupes and legendaries...
    So i'm still stuck at using poxbox or the third option.