Nora shield rank 1

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by profhulk, Jan 21, 2017.

1. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

What is the benefit of using this ability if it only lasts 2 turns? It is not much of a drawback for the entire playerbase to just ignore the nora shielded champion for 2 turns. Seal of the Vashal is more effective simply because so many champions have the ability and it has a heal clause based on number of champions. I think nora shield rank 1 should have a duration of at least 4 turns to warrant its existence at all.

4NIK8 likes this.
  2. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

Yeah I agree that it's bad. It should be hidden until triggered or redesigned to something like

Nora Impact: This champion's next successful basic attack generates Nora equal to the amount of damage it deals. Cooldown of 5 turns.

3. Karamasov

Karamasov Lord of SL & Master of Challenges

Bring Nora Shield 2 back to 12 turns :p

Joking aside, maybe just give more champs access to Nora Shield 2. And maybe introduce a third rank - 6 turns, 12 nora? Though it might be too strong and the reason it was changed so much.

4. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

Anything that generates Nora is hard to buff these days so be careful with what you suggest lol.

5. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

Huh? You just said that it pseudo protects your champ for 2 turns.... that's it's benefit.

I mean crystallize, righteous shield, and more are all 1 turn protection abilities that are pretty good

Etherielin, SPiEkY and OriginalG1 like this.
  6. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

12 turn is ridiculous for rank2. 2 turns is a joke for rank 1. What is so bad about 4 turns for rank1?

7. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

I think there is a small difference between nora shield, righteous shield and crystallize. One prevents dmg and the other gives the player the choice to get the kill and give nora to the other player. If you only have to wait 2 turns it is not much of a sacrifice. I like cinder's idea of nora shield being hidden. At least that way there is more of a chance of the player benefiting from the nora shield ability.

8. calisk

2 turns and hidden is fine with me.

9. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

Mucker
    Kiss of Vex
    Quagmirran/Tortun Favored
    Flame Dragoleech
    Sixul

62 nora, possibly 72 depending on how cleansing flame works
    e: heck, you could add in that reinforce dragon instead of mucker and use it with a on-deploy effect dude, snogvie or stillwater mutant could be fun

Tested in skirmish, SL bonus works on flame siphon so rank 1 is just 9 before kiss, 11 after. Cleansing flame cleanses after it damages though so with a leech, a quagmirran, and a sixul out you can get:
    11x2x2 = 44n
    +9 = 53n
    +10 = 63n

If you have a third dragoleech out that's 66 + 19 = 85n for 43 damage that can be regenerated or reinforced for more nora.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
  10. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Can't be hidden, it costs ap

Xirone likes this.
  11. calisk

Hmmmmm.......could change nora shield to the following.

Nora shield : 0ap x cd"current nora shield text" this effect is hidden until triggered. At the start of this champions next turn it generates 3 less ap.

Could be 4 ap since it's back loaded

12. Karamasov

Karamasov Lord of SL & Master of Challenges

Did you even read my post?

13. calisk

That is why different abilities cost different amounts of nora and as much as we like to avoid saying it some abilities are better then others.

But that doesn't mean it's useless as it will either net you nora for your champ dieing or it saved your champ for an extra turn, or you did something tricky like escape magic and came out ahead, either way good results

I can tell you right now champs with rs are paying a hell of a lot more for that ability the ns 1 users

14. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Yea I read it and I think 12 turns for rank2 is alot and I was talking about rank one being changed to four turns. I am aware you were joking. I was not joking.