Northern Cross Arbalist (IS Champion)

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Molosse, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

Northern Cross Arbalist

Art: An armored crossbowman leaning across a pavaise and taking aim across the stock of his crossbow.

Flavor: Less glamorous than the armored templars, the Arbalist's of the order provide a necessary role in persecuting the unholy.

Race: Barbarian
    Class: Archer, Paladin
    Rarity: Uncommon
    Size: 1x1
    Cost: 67n

Stats:
    DMG: 8
    SPD: 6
    RNG: 3-4
    DEF: 2
    HP: 47

Abilities:
    Attack: Arrow
    Hold The Line (8n)
    Block (Rank 1) (6n)
    Defenseless (-8n)

Upgrade Tree (1):
    Relic Guardian (Default)
    Shrine Defender (+1n)

Upgrade Tree (2):
    Aim (Default)
    Nexus Aura (-4n)

Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
  2. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

Simple little champion, idea is that the Inquisition is continuing the process of training and arming the barbarians of Sarnghaver.

Beyond that he's a relatively meaty champion with the added clause that, while he has a melee-counter, if that counter is breached he get's ran down pretty rapidly.
    Relic Guardian/Aim/Hold The Line/Shrine Defender all promote the champion being used with some fore-thought on his positioning and ap-usage a good bit down the line to maximize his relatively short and restrictive range. Hold The Line/Nexus Aura/Shrine Defender give him the option of pushing for a much more support orientated champion, providing Defender (3)/Defensive Strike/Nexus Aura, as well as some early game speed, though again with some fore-thought on positioning.

In summary: Cheap rune with great burst damage when planned ahead as well as the ability to function as a back-line supporter with the right upgrade choices.

3. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

Liked the idea! Paladins need more ranged units, and this one fits very well.

4. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

The synergy between abilities is nifty. Especially if people are running Celesitial Spears to give Relic Guardian bonus to this guy. If he gets set up HtL/Aim etc he will be blasting for 17 damage at 6 range.