Now that death guard has lost Short Lived, make bodyguard 1 ap

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by claydude5, Jul 4, 2015.

1. claydude5

claydude5 The King of Potatoes

Literally no reason not to anymore.

IMAGIRL, Goyo, Anima26 and 3 others like this.
  2. Nite2kill

Nite2kill I need me some PIE!

That's not a reason to make it cost 1 AP. If you think Bodyguard should cost 1 AP across the board due to it usefulness and champion saving abilities then yes the cost should be at 1 AP or on cool down 1 when deployed. But just due to no short lived doesn't justify a change.

BroWatchThis likes this.
  3. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

He isn't saying that it is the reason. He is saying that every time the discussion about bodyguard happened people would say that it was a bad idea because death guard had short-lived. Now that it doesn't that arguement is removed.

Anima26 likes this.
  4. Nite2kill

OK then what is the reason for the 1 AP change?

5. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

To prevent champs from being deployed and then bodyguarding.

Nite2kill likes this.
  6. Nite2kill

Now that I understand but the post just called for Death Guard to be changed not the ability of body guarding to be changed.
    But I may of read it wrong

Last edited: Jul 4, 2015
  7. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

I second this notion, being able to deploy and auto bodyguard with zero AP seems a little too good. 1 AP seems like a reasonable adjustment, the 1 turn cooldown when deployed could be better, i dont know. One or the other, either way.

Nite2kill likes this.
  8. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

There is no reason to change bodyguard to 1ap other than alot of people hate the ability. Claydude makes this personal by mentioning "deathguard" instead of talking about bodyguard ability in general. "Hey everyone Claydude is annoyed at bodyguard plz nerf cuz no short lived." I get the impression you just lost to FW and you are upset. Put down your pitchfork and consider that some factions like UD have little to no healing. Spot bodyguard is one of the things that allows the faction to stay in the game when faced with an opponent who spam heals/cleanses/out nora gens anything they are trying to achieve. Have you bothered to consider how this will effect the SL Target dummy relic? It cannot gain ap it's not a champ. What did Target dummy ever do to you?
    [​IMG]

TheBulwark likes this.
  9. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

The discussion about bodyguard happens about every few months and the suggestion to make it 1 AP pops up every time and every time its met with the rebuttal that "Death Guard has short lived. If you make it 1 AP it will shoebox the rune because you will only get like 2 rounds of bodyguard." That argument doesnt work anymore and the 1 AP suggestion is a good one. As for Target Dummy I present to you the Earthshaker. It uses Tremor which is a 3 AP ability just fine.

10. BroWatchThis

BroWatchThis Devotee of the Blood Owl

LMFAO seriously?! Do you kids find every little reason to complain about FW yet fail to recognize your own blatantly overpowered tactics to what you say, "get gud bruh"? I'm failing to see ANY logical reason to make bodyguard 1 ap now. I just see a bunch of butthurt little children trying to further nerf FW into the ground. Get gud, bruh.

11. claydude5

http://imgur.com/t18QSSA,KiDkNdH

And yet I am called a FW fanatic most of the time.

BloodAshes likes this.
  12. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

bodygaurd on spot isn't powerful, otherwise SL would be dropping the target dummy non stop.

Its the champions bodyguard is on. If they were all like dwarven defender, and northerncross militia then no one would even complain.

13. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

Has anyone tried to Bodyguard a unit that is bodyguarding?

Damage goes to the 2nd bodyguarding unit?

14. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Yep

15. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

Thanks.

16. claydude5

Target dummy isn't run because it doesn't benefit from the boosts, resistances, heals, and bonuses that a bodyguard champ does. Also relics are open to a whole variety of counters that champs aren't.

17. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

It's a worse version of bubble of protection. This is a silly statement, target dummy is absolute garbage.

Ralphen likes this.
  18. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

He isn't trying to nerf FW. He's trying to get all Bodyguards nerfed so that FW is on equal footing with them since their Bodyguard unit was already nerfed.

19. BroWatchThis

BroWatchThis Devotee of the Blood Owl

You are for certain that is in the name of FW being back on a level playing field?

20. Ralphen

Ralphen I need me some PIE!

Almost my same opinion. Bodyguard on deploy works like a protective spell with two difference: it is not hidden (some spell are), and you get it with a creature/relic (more utility, but increased cost). BG on deploy is as strong as the unit that own it.