now that warcry has been heavily nerfed is declare target next?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dbouya, Jun 10, 2015.

1. dbouya

dbouya I need me some PIE!

let's make everything key off race?

2. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

+3 forum tears collected

Next upgrade: 3/200 forum tears

3. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Uhm.

Declare target has a cooldown, works on one champ and doesn't give damage. It's not even close to the potency of warcry. Honestly..

4. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Didnt sok say that declare target and warcry 1 on that IS doombringer wouldnt be very different? As in, the power level of warcry 1 and declare target were the same? I remember busting out laughing when i saw that

5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Sounds pretty laughable because it's false as can be. Especially on a ranged unit.

6. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

He did say that.
    We all laughed and despaired at the same time.

7. xxLordQxx

xxLordQxx I need me some PIE!

The stars have aligned. Not only are ballbuster and burny agreeing on something......I totally understand and agree with them. Is this an omen....is pox actually starting to make sense? Will balance finally be achieved?

Xuvali likes this.
  8. Ballballer

FIND OUT NEXT TIME IN DRAGONBALL Z

9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

HOLY Bane Shift I WAS JUST WATCHING DBZ Bane Shift ON YOUTUBE AND ITS TOTALLY EPIC

no seriously, that's really wtf coincidence

10. Ballballer

Cool story loser

Paladin likes this.
  11. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

My point was always that Declare Target is RNG 5 and has much less positioning restrictions relative to Warcry 1, and that the initial reactions to the IS Doombringer getting Warcry was probably kneejerk and an overreaction, which appears to have been true.

12. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

I'm sorry, but what is that conclusion based on?

Me and everyone I've spoken to -including the few people I know who actually own one- agree that ranged Warcry for Beasts is kinda crazy. I expect we'd see more of him if it wasn't for the fact that he is Limited rarity.

I admit I haven't personally seen him in a match to confirm through play what I think of him or heard, but I'm still curious what caused your conclusion to be that the general reaction was actually an overreaction.

13. Sokolov

That it got Warcry... years ago, and aside from the recent collateral nerf (which has made it weaker), it really hasn't made a splash at all? People basically expected IS to be bonkers broken as long as he had ranged Warcry, and while there's a variety reasons why this hasn't happened - it's still true that it hasn't happened. It got a bit of use initially, and some people nerf cried it... and then it just kind of disappeared - it's possible it got nerfed a bit (I don't recall), but it kept Warcry all this time along with ranged Punish:
    http://archive.terhix.com/#!/champion/706

Now, of course, with more/better Beasts being released, it may become an issue - but that's a pretty different scenario. You might be right tho that some of it is because he is LE (tho he's been sold/given away numerous times), tho Dooms weren't exactly uncommon when he first got Warcry (and it worked on everyone since then til now).

Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
  14. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

How many Haunting Spirits are out in the world, just out of curiosity?

15. Ballballer

Your point is wonderful and all, but still wrong if youre saying that ranged warcry 1 on that doomy would have been equally as powerful as declare target

16. Sokolov

I honestly don't remember what I said exactly, but I am generally not one to claim unequivocally that something is equal than another in all situations (especially when comparing a CD based ability to an attack-triggered one) - because that'd be silly, and well, I like to hear myself talk way more than that and rarely say a simplistic one sentence statement on any subject worth discussing. It's possible I did say exactly that, and if so, I am not afraid to say that you are right, I'd be wrong (and I am wrong plenty).

That said, what I remember was that it had Declare Target and the situation was replacing it with Warcry 1. And my argument was that it wasn't a crazy OP buff that would break the game, which was met with "Warcry is way stronger!" and I responded with some situations in which Declare Target is just as strong or possibly preferable.

Tangent: I don't even remember if I was a dev at that time (this old timeline is getting crazy, haha). But this is another one of those times I wish we had better records tho so we can better track what happened in the past, if out of curiosity than anything else.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
  17. Sokolov

You'd have to ask Gedden or Moles.

kalasle likes this.
  18. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Alrighty. Not really a pressing question.

19. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Fair enough.

20. Dresnar20365988

Dresnar20365988 Devotee of the Blood Owl

Sok you are in a troll loop here. Don't let them troll u Sok!

Just reply, "Why u so mad bro?" and you win.