Nublins Crate

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by Nebron, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Nebron

Nebron I need me some PIE!

The new meta report made me a very sad voil so i'll just toss up some simple changes that I feel would benefit the faction.

Moga Scout
    Base: g'hernbound, detection 2, shadowspawn
    UL1: Mark
    UL2: Mobility, Quest: Runner

*The swarm changes really hurt recruiter and his swarmed scout is easily the most useless thing in the game since it's basically a moga pup with a little bit more meat on it. This makes his base abilities more useful and opens up the possibility of actually running him as a standalone unit in moga.

Electric overload: Cost to 7, no longer shocks. (Won't hurt him much in an actual lightning bg but cuts down on the splash into every deck ever and cheese it with totems)

Cyclonic fesh: Range back to 4-6, hp to 42, speed to 6
    UL2: Grant: Electricity Aura, Immune: Electricity

Alpine Cyclops: (Why the fk is pathfinding 14 nora???)
    Damage to 9, HP to 46
    Base: Attack:physical, Pathfinding, Detection: 2
    UL1: Grant: Mobility
    UL2: Shatter, Entangle

Cyclops Chieftain:
    Guarded: Cyclops replaces Spellswallower on base

SaintKiwi and RedScarlet like this.
  2. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

I share your sadness, but if you played that would be 1 more person from SP in the top 200.

3. Nebron

Nebron I need me some PIE!

Not atm, none of the SP themes are enjoyable and when I played after the expac I ran a witch deck.

4. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

What about lightning?

5. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

Not that popularity is a sign of power, but it is a sign of fun or coolness. I feel like SP has lost most of its tricks post expansion (i.e. overcharge golem + thunderhead, slag overmind + thundertotem, fesh + lightning storm, mika w/ free fesh is kind of expensive, no more triple sunders from soothsayer, no more goliath fesh + relocate, no more glorious leap on rupture alpha or peaks dao, loss of battledrum and wicked aura and deflect/evasive and gravity well on shallaxy, can't even remember what jester (backlash and confuse and deflect and restraining aura???) or infernal (life drinker, dark aura, improve speed???) did. Some should have been curbed with the overall power-level reduction, but I kind of feel like we are the super efficient faction. Matches tend to be like a McDonald's meat grinder--deploy more champs and outlast your opponent. Melee beaters cost less; range cost less...and that's it.

Totally agree with Nebron's post about moga scout...it's largely free meat without upgrades. That used to be good when it "spawned" and could contest. However, I think the shipp sailed on cyclonic fesh. For whatever reason, there is absolute hostility from the development circles to cyclonic fesh being a ranged unit with overload...not sure why...it reminds me of the opposition to making hekatian bloodguard usable. It's as if a rune should be extra bad for as long as it was extra good...payback and all. Personally, I'd put absorb and overload in the same upgrade tree, reduce his overall hp, and let the player choose. That sounds like a meaningful choice.

No comment on cyclops. I don't play them, so I don't want to comment on their play style. 14 nora for pathfinding does sound expensive. The pricing algorithm isn't there yet.

SaintKiwi likes this.