NUX Suggestion - Directional AoE Markers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fikule, Jul 28, 2014.

1. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

A general help for new players could be the addition of arrow markers in-game on knockback effects such as Gale Force, Stone Bomb, Earthshaker's Tremor etc.

[​IMG]

We've all seen this image enough times, but it would be nice to see those arrows in game when targeting a knockback AoE.

Pipster, Lauremoon, IceNorth and 11 others like this.
  2. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Maybe showing a "shadow" of the pathing a champion would follow when affected by knockback/manic.

3. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

Part of me agrees this would be helpful.....Another part of thinks its good that this doesn't show.... its like "mechanical skill" knowing how it will be

4. Fikule

mmm, I can't really agree with the idea that new players should lose because of purposely hidden mechanics.

Lauremoon, claydude5 and Goyo like this.
  5. GabrielQ

same could be done with relocation effects.

6. Fikule

you mean like highlighting the spot they'd appear in? Sounds good.

7. GabrielQ

yeah, that. Ideally, I would have them to be "relocate target champion to target space" and rebalance, but I think I read sokolov saying that is impossible to have double data entries or something like that.

8. Fikule

Yeah, would be nice to highlight the champion you'd relocate though, and have it also highlight the spot they'd go to as light blue or something. (prior to actually clicking them)

9. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Super nice suggestion :)

Should be de/activable in options for old players.

10. Fikule

Bump for directional justice!

11. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEM-RIES

ALL ALOOOOOOOOONE IN THE MOOOOOOOOOON LIGHT

sorry what

oh, yeh good idea

12. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

This could have come in handy for @Senshu in his game against @MakarovJAC yesterday. MakarovJAC had a vampyre barely in range of a blood crest that had been targeted by Masochism. Senshu tried to Stone Bomb it out of position, but instead it was pushed into a wall.

13. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

It makes me so glad to see the devs playing the game.

14. Roger Road

Roger Road Member

This is an insanely awesome idea. In fact not knowing where gale force would go cost me my first bet. I lost my Jakei elder.

15. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

Knockback is kinda easy. A unit will be knocked directly back from the source if they are in a linear position. If the target is in any position within 90 degrees counterclockwise from that linear position it will be knocked back in the same direction as if it WAS in that linear position. This holds true until the target has rotated to the next of the four linear positions, then the direction is changed. If the target and the source of the knockback coencide on the same space, the target is knocked back to the upper left (NW).

Pull mechanics is where it gets confusing

16. Fikule

You're right. We should add that text to each knockback effect ;)

17. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

Lol or people could just read this thread if it's giving them trouble

18. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

This is a very difficult mechanic to learn. And even after I learned it I still messed it up from time to time. I don't feel that there is a need to keep this mechanic shrouded in doubt. Knockback is an interesting part of the game, making it easier to understand would cause more people to utilize this feature.

Manic is another one.

Now that I've played for a while and I know 100% which way my target will KB or Manic, I can clearly think back on the time I didn't fully understand the ability and vividly remember the intense frustration.

Dagda likes this.
  19. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

What can get really confusing is Impact Strike, since I've started using that for the first time post Euan changes. I've got it down now but it made me LoL at the people who decided how it would function.

Dagda likes this.
  20. Fikule

They should add reading this thread to the new player experience :p

After that we can remove the nora cost display from runes and make a thread to tell people what everything costs ^^