Obsidian Venger - Sell it or Keep it

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by TheSkiller, Jul 23, 2014.

1. TheSkiller

TheSkiller New Member

Hi, i have an Obsidian Venger and its my favorite rune, but i dont use it in any BG.

I need some new runes to improve my BG's but im not sure if I should trade Vengar for them or not.

What you guys think?

2. Tal3234

Tal3234 Devotee of the Blood Owl

Obsidian is a good melee champ...no ? multiaatack 2, oblivion shield...he is good... ( i think )

3. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

its good if you put him in the right bg e light be a bit pricy i think you should wait if there might be changes

4. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

what would you trade it for?

5. TheSkiller

TheSkiller New Member

I need some runes, like 1 Skeletal Lerper and another cheaper ones. But Im afraid of regreting trading my Obsidian :S .

6. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I personally go for quantity over quality. Eventually your high priced rune will come down, but having a wider variety of stuff to play with won't get old. I'd rather be able to play nearly meta in: a zombie deck, a skeleton deck, a lich deck, and a spirit deck than have a single high priced rune that makes one of those themes fully meta, but prevents me from getting the stuff to make those other decks.

7. Ragic

is it a smart idea to trade a legendary for an epic that you could get from the forge? im assuming if you have a venger, you prolly have a lot of shard fodder

8. TheSkiller

TheSkiller New Member

I just trade runes in PoxBox , do you think its worth it to trade in the Rune Forge?

9. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

He's saying that trading legendaries into Poxbox for Exotics may be a bad idea when you can get exotics from the rune forge, assuming you have a lot of shards from buying boxes with cash/gold.

10. Ragic

you prolly have to do the math on a case by case basis to see if its worth it or not. it may actually be a better deal to use poxbox in some cases. the shard exchange rate is very stingy. but I would at least take a look at what I had first before going to poxbox. I think a lerper costs 500 shards, and that's a lot. if you don't a few spare exotics lying around that you don't mind sharding, then I guess poxbox is the better answer.

its situations just like this that make me say the f2p in pox is not very good. compared to SOE, you could grind the gold for that exotic (assuming it was in the goldstore) in about a week. today it would take a month of grinding to get the gold needed to buy a box (and then have to shard most of the cards in that box) to get the same exo.

11. Zythraak

Zythraak The King of Potatoes

I thought the f2p was a lot better now, because you can get such a wider variety from packs. Before it was only a few expansions you could get packs for, and they all sucked. =/

12. Ragic

you didn't buy packs with gold under SOE. you either got your runes directly from the goldstore, or you used goldstore bought runes as trade fodder at poxbox. well technically you could buy packs, but it wasn't the best way to go about it.

whichever system you prefer really depends on what type of runes youre looking for. if you've been here for years and have the core set already, but always wanted a particular exo that wasn't in the goldstore, then yes, this new system probably feels better. but for brand new players... meh. unless you just buy packs and hope to get the runes youre looking for, this new system requires you to put in about 4x the amount of grinding.

this isn't just theory on my part. under SOE starting from scratch I was able to build a full lich deck with banner, serkan, 2x lich kings, 2x dark knights, 2x dracoliches, dom/tome/tomb, and all the necessary R/U/C to make it decent. with this new system, again starting from scratch I didn't even try to grind for that many exos. the better path was to save for the bonesaw deck. SOE system gave new players more options on how to start out.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
  13. Zythraak

Zythraak The King of Potatoes

You're right, starting out it was definitely better under SOE, but in the long term, I prefer it this way. I didn't buy much for gold under SOE, I bought a few packs got a minor exo I traded for a Vindrax and slowly traded my way up, and just saved all my gold for 20k ish exos to use for trading. :)

14. Ragic

yes but you don't design your f2p system to reward players for playing long term, you design it to get new players into the game.

15. Nite2kill

Nite2kill I need me some PIE!

For me - A hoarder and a FF FW player - its a moral imperative to keep all FW runes, or at least to have two of each, just because you might need it later and some become very hard to find and get again.

16. BroWatchThis

BroWatchThis Devotee of the Blood Owl

Right now, IMO, venger is a little over costed especially when compared to so many other champions. Oblivion shield isn't bad, but it doesn't justify his high cost.

I would wait to trade him seeing as he's tough to get and will more than likely get changed soon.