ocean exploration

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by OriginalG1, Aug 9, 2014.

1. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

I think ocean exploration is the key to space exploration. The ocean is the harshest environment on earth. I think if we can learn to be self sustaining any where in the ocean, we then move onto being self sustaining any where.

Tal3234 likes this.
  2. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Deep sea and space/other planets are nothing alike. Maybe Titan or Europa, but not really. Moon and Mars are steps number one and two anyway, and those have pretty different challenges.

3. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

In the ocean we face constant erosion, extreme temperatures, and extreme pressure. I just thing it a good training grounds for us.

4. Pipster

Pipster I need me some PIE!

Great depths of the sea are still the only truly unexplored place on Earth too.

5. Boozha

Eh. Theoretical models plus experiments in a more relevant setting would be more helpful for space exploration. Of course deep sea exploration would be interesting aswell, just not particulary related.

6. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

you're just scared of the megalodon

7. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

We actually know more about space than we do the deepest parts of the ocean.

8. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

we think

OriginalG1 likes this.
  9. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

i'd like to know more about your space

s

OriginalG1 likes this.
  10. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

Indeed, we shall begin dumping vats of children into the oceans, those who survive and adapt will lead us to a new brighter future.

11. Tal3234

Tal3234 Devotee of the Blood Owl

"The Space... the far frontier.." ;)

12. Boozha

Indeed we do. Water is absorptive, vacuum not. That alone makes a difference that lets us know more about things lightyears away than about things kilometers away. Odd, in a way