ok so next patch time to discuss

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by calisk, Aug 18, 2014.

1. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

Could it be reduced by 10 at least so I can have some flexbility redesigning her?

I don't think we will just leave her 10 nora cheaper id like to see some abilities added. Someone suggested a think bastion of courage or mobility?

I see boghopper shaman costed at 71 nora with heal 3, heal mass 2, and divine favor 2

2. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

when it comes to cost I really can't say, sometimes costs are exactly what I expect based on the equation, other times they are far off especially when it comes to these 0 damage champs, when it comes to asking for straight cost reductions that's hit and miss.

3. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

I suggest Attack: Flower. (#keepherpassive)

[​IMG]
    Horrifying Delusion
    If at the beginning of this champion's turn, the opponent has 60 or more nora, this unit gains Frightful Blows and Soul Feast.
    Eye of Serkan ability pre-revamp. Was replaced with Soul Feast.

Soul Feast
    This champion deals 50% more damage to Soultapped champions.

Sheoul Discipline ability.

Haunting Vision
    At the beginning of its turn, this champion gains 2 AP and +5 DMG and +1 DEF for 4 turns if your opponent has 40 or less nora. This does not stack.

Skeletal Lerper ability.

This does not make anysense to me Cal... Why these FW abilities? I would preffer Psycholocial Warfare or Frightful Blows since we got a theme around that.

Also does anyone likes Confuse? Looks like an awesome counter to some champs.

4. KingJad

I dont think she should have a 20 nora modifier on her thats ridiculous when you have her counterparts being slightly cheaper and slightly more expense with better abilities. I don't mind her getting easy target but her cost has to decrease. Priest of valdac isn't passive and he is cheaper.

5. KingJad

I like haunting visions on her it's flavorful as for horrifying delusions im not so much a fan of it.

6. calisk

they are flavord as such that you are causing these visions and mental attacks to your opponent, which makes sense as a champion who's attacking your mind.

it's 60% flavor, and 40% I thought it would be fun to have a champ that plays with those nora tricks.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2014
    KingJad likes this.
  7. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Arctic only change needed is removing Ready from it. Done. Then buff the SPD on champs accordingly.
    The simpler, the better.

Entrepidus and KingJad like this.
  8. s4ndm4ns

s4ndm4ns I need me some PIE!

Which runes would you guys see as 7SPD if Arctic no longer gives Ready?

9. Pedeguerra

Well, that's an exercise that would take a while, but mainly beaters/harassers in the faction.

10. s4ndm4ns

s4ndm4ns I need me some PIE!

I see Jakei Extinguisher as #1 candidate.

Goyo likes this.
  11. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

I understand it fits the champ, but it looks like these abilities are and were a FW thing. Probably something you should discuss on the council.

12. calisk

well like I said that was just an idea if someone has better idea's i'll go with that, just didn't want to make the same old average ranged beater.

KingJad likes this.
  13. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

Part of the problem is it's bundled with Immortality. If you remove that, it would be much easier to move to base for 1N (currently 4N). It's honestly not that significant of a sandbag. There is also the problem that leaving it as an upgrade hamstrings the entire theme. I highlighted several examples in a previous discussion.

That said, pulling it out of upgrade paths frees up a slot. All Crystal champs would gain 1N, but they'd also have access to a new upgrade that, if chosen correctly, would improve effectiveness/flexibility.

If we're pushing him towards Frost, I'd also support giving him Detection as an upgrade choice as was mentioned in a previous thread.

-----

So excite! :D

Mind Striker - [ 8 DMG | 6 SPD | 3-5 RNG | 1 DEF | 42 HP]
    Path 1 = Arrow Throw 1 | Horrifying Delusions | Strike
    Path 2 = Haunting Visions | Punish | Soultap
    Base = Arctic | Attack: Psychic | (something) Discipline | Nohkan Do | Solidify

I have to agree that the three highlighted abilities don't really fit. She'd be the only champ with Horrifying Delusions, the only other champ with Haunting Visions beyond Skeletal Lerper and the only ST champ with Soultap (Crystal Crawler has Soultap Luminescence).

I agree with the direction but also prefer the ST flavor of Psychic via Confuse (Attacker), Projection and some amount of Psychic damage mitigation (currently Immune). She seems like a perfect opportunity to provide utility to NKD and the Psychic theme we talked about establishing with Jakei Soulpainter.

That said, you did mention similar abilities for her. If you're wanting to expand Soultap into ST, I'd agree that you should work with FW to figure out a way to approach it from a different angle. I'm willing to consider ST Soultap, but it should definitely have a different flavor than FS, FW or UD.

Goyo likes this.
  14. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I like keeping Endless Devotion on upgrades, but I'd like to see it as the default upgrade, or at least on Upgrade Tree 1 so that it is easier to build a deck around the mechanic.

15. KingJad

I'd like to see a confusion ability that grants confused on basic attacks to enemy champions on her upgrade path. Currently there is not an ability that does this.

16. KingJad

Endless devotion on upgrades is a utility sandbag.

Goyo likes this.
  17. Pedeguerra

Exactly. Im also on the opinion it should be on base for all crystal champs (or most of them).

18. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Could you explain further? I'm not sure what you mean by a utility sandbag. Do most crystal champs not get used in a deck focused around it? I figured not having it on base would prevent others from having to pay for an ability they don't want.

19. calisk

it's the equivalent to putting arctic on upgrade, you either don't have your racial or you lose out on the upgrades.

KingJad likes this.
  20. KingJad

It's kinda like removing regen from the draksar racial and putting it on upgrade paths for every last one of them. That spot could easily be used for a better upgrade and
    if I decide to play crystals how they are suppose to be played (in a crystal bg/elemental) I can now choose to:

A. have endless devotion and play crystals as crystals and pretty much not have 2 upgrade paths
    OR
    B. have a good upgrade ability