Old meta ?

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by iiiioooque, Aug 31, 2016.

1. iiiioooque

iiiioooque The King of Potatoes

2. IronStylus

IronStylus I need me some PIE!

How cool is to see last year's meta deck. Yea, the meta has changed and there are several posts how it should look like, search around the forums. You should look at name 'kalasle' as he's our FW mentor. Dusk creeper doesnt collect nora globes anymore, nobody uses abomination and ehtereal soldier however i can't say they have changed or not. Dead fairy was tweaked recently a bit too. The spells will however look differently and there are couple new auto-include relics.
    Also, NO ESSENCE DRAIN BACK THEN?

3. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Yeah this deck definitely wont take you far if you're trying to be competitive nowadays. If you wanna use tome of hate you HAVE to run elsari bazaar (and should its god damn grant +2 speed) but abomination is dogs ass now, death bird is major dogs ass. Unless your running worms dusk creeper is dogs ass, and ethereal soldier is meh as well.

Most meta runes atm i would say are broken bones, wandering zombie, wailing banshee and lich magistrate. theres also too many ways to protect against a shadowshank nowadays so while it CAN be a good 1x its often hard to justify deploying it over doom which u arent running for some reason. Repurpose is a giant no-no. Bone circle staff is the best equip FW has available. Also no essence drain? that certainly wasnt the meta last year.

Dead fairy also no longer has the option of running Rabid 3 (same with every other ranged unit in the game) and rabid no longer prevents healing. Zombie rotwrapper is a pretty solid cheap ranged include and can output a lot of meat and even get a zombie apocalypse started without even running a zombie deck which is pretty amazing.

But for the most part FW random good stuff is probably the least efficient way to play FW as our bonus allows us to constantly recycle key champions so themes are definitely the best choice for FW atm.

4. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Half agree with this, half don't.

Put 2 of these in any deck that isn't a super specific theme. Actually, they're playable in every theme as well, so just put in your Wandering Zombies.

5. iiiioooque

Ok so based on a few searches and your replies i've come up with someting like this :

https://poxbase.com/deck/c4TC3qc6qc93CqlC7cf2ckyc9dcjKC9hc4nS3gs4Nsgshsns60s72s4fs5ar2Xr1IrTr8

Possible changes/adds are rotwrapper, coragh and maybe golden lamia. I'm getting the feeling it needs some range. Also bone circle staff is considered to counter swarms as mentioned previously.

What do you guys reckon ?

PS: I've added corpse pile to 'feed' essence devourer with cheap meat for sacrifices.

6. IronStylus

From what I know (I don't play FW, but I've played against it and read every FW forum post and know about the game overall):
    You can't run essence devourers without double graveyard. The relic spawns real champs with about 12 hp every two turns, so the ed will 'feed' off them regularly. You will need to deploy either ed and graveyard at the same turn, or graveyard earlier.
    good things to include:
    enervating collar (another spot counter to many things, it's got dispel)
    tome of hate, which I've never seen an FW bg without
    one or two skulls of decay - it costs 20 nora, protects your graveyard/unholy tomb from seism, reduces the healing only for opponent, and stacks (75% healing reduced I think)
    skeletal excavator - really tanky, got seism and blockade
    rotwrapper is good and play him before nerfed.
    statue of xulos optionally.

iiiioooque likes this.
  7. iiiioooque

Yeah during my testing i was kinda strugglin with Essence Devourer 'dis'ability. Gonna try with graveyard then ...

And most of the runes you said I've seen in some posts here in the FW forum realm. Cheers for the help bro.

8. IronStylus

a... like then? :p
    edit: jk, but I hope I helped. These are just from my observations about what can be potentially strong and what are most people playing in FW.

9. iiiioooque

@IronStylus

How exactly does SoD protect my relics?

In the discription it only says that prevents opponent healing from 50%.

10. IronStylus

Well, you deploy it in a font/shrine in front of other important relics, so the the opponent can't seism them, instead hitting 20 nora relic.

11. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

you only need 1 graveyard for essence devourer. Run 2 ED's then just cycle through them when 1 dies deploy the next