(OLD) Next Patch Feedback Suggestions

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by yobanchi, Aug 19, 2014.

1. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

Random sucks in a game where you want to plan ahead.

2. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Updated.

3. WraithxxV

WraithxxV Active Member

Looks good. Just an idea: What if Witch Hourglass had Pain Curse (The new 5 damage version of course) and Instability?

SaintKiwi likes this.
  4. yobanchi

what's instability again?

5. WraithxxV

WraithxxV Active Member

Lose 10 hp when an ability is used, it's on Thunderhead Totem. Could up hp to 25 to make it 3 uses?

6. yobanchi

It's an interesting idea but I'd be very cautious even with the nerf to 5 dmg. I'm thinking a good candidate for it would be Sarinda and giving her deck limit of 1 or possibly hero.

I'd like to see this set of witch stuff go through first and see how it goes before giving them access to 4 sources of pain curse.

7. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

yobanchi has Gedden given you guys any sort of guidance about what kind of changes he's most likely to implement? has he asked you specifically to seek solutions to any problems in particular? i'm curious about the nature of the level of interaction between the pdc and the devs. are you dev lites or are you a filtered down player forum?

8. BansheeX

Could you spell out excactly how Curse1-2 would look. I may miss something but it does not look like something I would the amount of nora for taht it is slated to be.

9. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

Not @yobanchi, but as I understand it, it would be:

• Curse 1: This champion makes an attack against target opposing champion at Range 1-4. If successful, the target becomes cursed for 4 turns and takes 50% damage. If the target was already Cursed, then this will deal an additional 5 damage. (CD 1, 3n)
    • Curse 2: This champion makes an attack against target opposing champion at Range 1-6. If successful, the target becomes cursed for 4 turns and takes 50% damage. If the target was already Cursed, then this will deal an additional 5 damage. (CD 1, 6n)
    For the current champions with curse (Inkblight witch, by example), the rank 1 would remain pretty much the same, except for the duration (goes up to 4), and would shave 2n from the current price, so the inkblight witch would become 84n.

Which, honestly, is kind of disappointing. I mean, like the last 3 pages have been full of ideas on how to improve curse, from minor changes (increasing the damage to 100% or adding a minimum like web) to nonsensical (yeah, right, bring back ferren focus with a different name, that's what the game needs) and we can't get a consensus. I still honestly believe the suggestion would be a waste of upgrade because the curse debuff alone isn't worth sacrificing half of the damage the champion would deal with a regular attack (then, we also have the def issue); extra range is helpful on some cases, but it would be also redundant compared to other pseudo-ranged attacks like throw shield and limits which champions would get a real benefit (cleric of unrest is already ranged); and if an ability doesn't see play at all, is a sandbag and therefore even 1n is too much.

I still believe removing curse from the game is the best route, but I know most people want to save it, so, imo, adding a minimum damage clause, or changing straight into 100% would be the most easy solutions.

10. BansheeX

Thanks Shimaru.

Looks bad imo.

I still think this is the road to take on Curse if it is to be worth having on champions:^
    Curse1
    Range 1-4
    Does 5 damage to target, ignoring Defence. Target becomes Cursed for 2 turns (-1 Defence and speed) If target is already cursed it lose 5 additional life.

Curse2
    Range 1-6
    Does 5 damage to target, ignoring defence. Target becomes Cursed for 4 turns (-1 Defence and speed) . If target is already cursed it lose 8 additional life

11. yobanchi

Hinder movement is 6 nora for a 1-4 attack at 50% dmg that causes -2 spd and has a cool down of 1.
    It's very similar to the proposed Curse 1 except it has the potential to cause both extra damage and it's rebuff is a little different (-1 dmg,-1 def, -1spd) for 4 turns (essentially a delayed -2 spd).
    Arguably Curse 1 would be a better ability as it costs half the nora.
    Curse 2 as proposed has an excellent 1-6 range harassment attack that can be done every turn making that unit essentially 1-6 range in a witch bg.

@BansheeX
    That has potential but it does make it very similar to Hex which is 9 nora and has cool down 2.

@Shimaru
    Yes I do believe curse is going to be one of those things that will have too wide an opinion to be able to come to a consensus. I have mostly found the issues with curse to be its high cost and low range. I haven't minded its damage as it's usually used to prock heals from revel in misery.

Removal of curse could be done by making two new abilities but this type of suggestion has a low chance of happening from what I've found.
    potentially you could do something like this...

Curse rank 1 renamed to Cursing Aura - Units within 2 spaces of this unit are cursed. (basically exactly the same as freezing aura)

Curse rank 2 renamed to Cursing Blow - When this unit makes a basic attack that champion becomes cursed 2. If that unit is already cursed this does an additional 5 damage instead.

12. WraithxxV

WraithxxV Active Member

Curse 1/2 When this champion hits another with its basic attack, that champion is Cursed for 2/4 turns. If that champion is already cursed, it loses 3/5 life instead.

Edit: Lol as I was writing this, you posted exactly that in Cursing Blow Yobanchi xD

13. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

What if each time a cursed champ was hit by another curse its maximum hp was lowered by 15 or 20 percent? You could never kill a champ with it, but you could drain the tank well. It would work well with chopping block.

14. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Skipped a lot of posts, but I really like the idea of curse doing lol damage. It seems really flavoutfull that you shout a curse on someone you can't physically hurt.

It could also work the same as lethal poison where if something is cursed five times then it is killed outright - guess this wouldn't work with global curse abilities.

Or maybe something different where if it is cursed three times then it is polymophed.

Woffleet likes this.
  15. BansheeX

Imo there is a big differnece on Hex´s Big Damage debuff and Curse´s small debuff with further setup benefits.

16. yobanchi

The thing I'm also concerned about with the loss of life is that it won't synergies with revel in misery or other dmg based cursed triggers.

Woffleet likes this.
  17. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

@yobanchi

Just a quick comment that the Worms change is currently split into several different ideas. Would you mind cleaning it up in the OP so I know what you're currently planning to pass on to the PCR?

Woffleet likes this.
  18. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

So look at tortun bokors ability.

19. yobanchi

Updated...

New curse options.
    Rank 1 - range 1-5 attack 5 dmg not effected by defense. Curse 4 with an additional 5 dmg if already cursed.
    Rank 2 - Range 1-5 attack 8 dmg not effected by defense. Curse 4 with an additional 5 dmg if already cursed.
    Nora I would imagine being 4/8

Creeps cleaned up as requested.

20. BroWatchThis

BroWatchThis Devotee of the Blood Owl

That's more like it yob.