(OLD) Next Patch Feedback Suggestions

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by yobanchi, Aug 19, 2014.

1. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

I unlive to serve.

2. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

That looks like a nice version of Curse :)

3. Mercer Skye

Mercer Skye I need me some PIE!

My only nitpick, since I personally see curse on par with I think it's flame web, is that the fixed damage should be 7 and 10. I concede there might be something I'm missing comparing the two to justify the lower fixed damage, I just got off a really late shift and might be a bit muddled.

4. yobanchi

Isn't flameweb cooldown 2 or something though?

WraithxxV likes this.
  5. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

CD 2, but also have a minimum damage of 8, and applies 3 conditions, charred 2 (so the damage does up to 10), ensnared (+2ap for each movement) and grounded. 8n.

6. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

Something in SL needs Flame Web.
    Think of the Judgement BGs you could make.

7. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

@yobanchi

Hate to nag, but the recent posts in my Creeper/Wurmz thread inspired me to look at this thread again to make sure I was up-to-date on what changes were being pushed for the upcoming (maybe?) patch.

I noticed the following and wanted to make sure this was intentional:

Necrosis
    When this unit is deployed expand your shrine deployment zone by 1. This does not expand the font bonus.

Worm Lord
    When this unit destroys an enemy UNIT with a basic attack expand your shrine deployment zone by 1, this does not effect your font bonus. All worms and Anthropods within your shrine deployment zone have empassioned.​

VS

Necrosis
    +1 SDZ when deployed from the runedock (anywhere)
    Worm Lord
    +1 SDZ when a friendly Arthropod or Worm within 5 squares destroys an opposing real champion (with a basic attack, per your comment)
    All friendly Arthropods and Worms gain Impassioned while within your deployment zone​

It's an important distinction so I want to make sure I know which one you presented the PCR with. I don't plan on doing anything about it either way (I assume things are final atm), but I'd like to avoid being surprised :)

8. XFurionsX

XFurionsX I need me some PIE!

I really dont understand how expanding the shrine deployment zone is going to help worms, even if you have a DZ with +5 whats the difference?

9. yobanchi

Actually the next patch hasn't been processed yet so things can still be modified

Looking back at this I see there was a discrepancy with the worm suggestion so far.

Necrosis - When this unit is deployed expand your shrine deployment zone by 1. This does not expand the font bonus. When this unit destroys an enemy UNIT with a basic attack expand your shrine deployment zone by 1, this does not effect your font bonus.

Worm Lord- All worms and Anthropods within your shrine deployment zone have empassioned.

10. Entrepidus

The new Worm Lord would provide bonuses to Arthropods/Worms inside their SDZ. Having a larger SDZ means they can maintain said bonus over a larger area and can be deployed directly into the engagements they're needed in. This is a powerful tool, but getting the balance just right is the key to whether or not it actually supports the theme.

I thought the point was to reduce Necrosis to just provide +1 SDZ on deploy while shifting +SDZ from kills to Worm Lord? That way Necrosis doesn't snowball on its own and Worm Lord requires at least one other champion before SDZ can be gained through kills.

In your own words:
    Did I miss a post where your opinion changed?

11. XFurionsX

So basically we will have to fight next to the shrine,it means that 4- 5 font maps worms are screwed.
    upload_2014-10-25_11-0-49.jpeg

12. Entrepidus

Just out of curiosity, what is your experience with playing Creepers/Wurmz? I don't want to make any assumptions about you when explaining the strengths and weaknesses of the proposed mechanic.

13. XFurionsX

I got a bg and 30 games with them, didn't use snuff, instead used essence drain, and didnt used necrosis either, was waste of nora, oh and beat yobanchi fairly easyly and he was using worms, so yes, i have experience with them, unless the deployment zone expands at least 1 every three worms, they ar enot going to work, or do something that makes then hit harder.

14. XFurionsX

Snuff don't even work in zombies, and it was make for zombies.

15. yobanchi

It may have been that I updated this thread but didn't update the other... Let me take a regander at your thread and get this straightened out.

16. yobanchi

AH, ok I remember now...

Basically I liked the streamlining portion of your Necrosis suggestion of just having it grow the zone and not decrease it.

I have reservations about brining in the zone expansion into worm lord due to coding/time complications as it would involve splitting the code between two abilities AND gowing through and modifying a number of runes.

From an efficiency standpoint it may be better to see the following:

Necrosis:
    +1SDZ on deploys from Anywhere and this destroying a UNIT with a basic attack.
    (NO reduction)

This right there may bring the theme into contention as it is a big power boost.
    This streamlines the ability and solidifies the zone growth mechanic to have an impact mid game at the very least. It also frees up bg building.
    The addition of UNIT means that technically the current SEIGE +2 def could be beneficial now as it offers an offensive bonus and defensive bonus.

Worm Lord...
    Impassioned only kicks in when the shrine is below half health (+4atk, +2 def) could be less of an issue actually due to the increase in Necrosis power.

Seige and +2 def is still OK and function more as a defensive boost then an offensive one.

17. yobanchi

Actually I'm suspecting that Necrosis probably won't evade the NO reduction so if Gedden does decide that some reduction needs to stay I'd opt for the non-Anthro/worm clause. The on-death and deploy on shrine clause are the main issues with not getting the SDZ to work.

Also since it hasn't been working I'm concerned that we haven't got good testing on the current wormlord ability.
    I'd hazard to have Necrosis tweeked and see how it goes. It may just be one of those themes were 1 rune gets looked every so often after we nail down Necrosis/the main ability.

18. yobanchi

Updated… 40 nora short lived 2 for haunting grip to be safe.

Also updated a couple caveats on the Necrosis change.

I'm thinking getting Necrosis to actually work will give some time for the current worm lord to work.
    If needed worm lord can be addressed later.

19. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

Hey Bro. Watch this!!!

20. yobanchi

?