Old Player Back, the good, the bad, the ugly

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fesh, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Fesh

Fesh The King of Potatoes

Came back for a moment once this revamp finished but nothing caught my eye and so I left. Then about a five days ago I cam back and found Skirmish. WOW, skirmish is what this game needed a LONG time ago. Anyway onto the list:

The Good

Skirmish: This game is overwhelming to say the least. 4 trillion abilities x 4 trillion bugs = way to many mechanic interactions to try an comprehend by just jumping into play against a human player. With the possible endless variety Skirmish provides, it gives a chance to learn how things work though at a basic level. Yes AI is still pretty lame but it really provides a nice chance to just play around with different ideas against some pretty random decks. Also the rune rewards are awesome. Yes I got allot of common/uncommons so far but it also drops rares?! Just amazing! edit: Just pulled an exo (Ironfist Paladin) AWESOME!!!!

Rune Forge: Another great addition. I have been playing with this allot and it really helps round out a players deck without having to go to other sites or deal with trade sharks.

Daily Rewards: The amount of gold a person can generate now is amazing. I love it and being able to buy runes with gold is even more amazing. This game is setup well for a mass influx of players who want to try before they buy in.

Map Updates: The makeover on many of the maps looks amazing. Excellent work!

The Bad

Player Population: I remember when everyone would talk about how seeing only 200+ players on at a time was bad because norm was around 400. I have yet to see even 200 on at a time yet :/ I see this will be released on steam again so hopefully that helps bring in a mass influx but only time will tell.

Cyclops: Had to throw this in here but I have been one of the two cyclops supporters since I started this game long ago under various names. Long before they were even a theme. I tried them out my first day back and havent touched them since. Maybe I finally just lost my love of them but they are not fun in the least. The whole set of them just needs a reset button.

The Ulgy

The Forum: I remember that the forum has always been the heart of this game in an odd way. However after leaving this time for so long (been gone a year or 2) I was surprised by how ruthless people where on here. I guess after posting in many other forums for other games for so long, I just forgot how it was here. Seriously it seems like every post someone is trying to just tear someone down over little to nothing. I am not saying everyone acts this way but the few who do really stand out and really post allot. I must say I have not missed that aspect of this game at all....

Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
  2. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Stupid noob, Clops OP.

Just kidding, welcome back.

3. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

who's this nerd now who ever even HEARD of a fesh

also, frankly, most people are torn down over petty bullshit. the older dudes just know the people doing it well enough that it doesn't get to them/they know how to respond.

4. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

You seem mad that someone disagreed with your ideas lol.

5. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

It means I was laughing at how offended you are by such a little thing.

Ballballer likes this.
  6. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Boom headshot

7. XFurionsX

XFurionsX I need me some PIE!

Do you really think this forum is aggresive? you don't know aggresive then my friend, when people get refuted over ideas they (most of the times) have sense in the words.
    And im just happy that there are no grammar nazis in this forum, tho i would like someone correct me when im wrong.

8. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

You* time*
    I'm*
    though*
    I*
    I'm*

9. XFurionsX

Cool, can you specify where each one goes?
    This really helps me.

10. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I've noticed the forums have gone a shade nastier lately, I think it comes from having no new content lately so people are making their own fun.

Another thing for the 'good' column is the map art, K'thir river has always been my least liked map... but by god is it pretty now.

Woffleet and SPiEkY like this.
  11. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

read that as forum gore and was upset I had not found any yet

and yes, most are probably just trying to find fun on the forums since the game is slow right now

12. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Are you 10? If someone saying lol offends you, then you should probably go back to playing minecraft or monopoly. Heaven forbid you start playing League of Legends, we would probably find you with a noose around your neck after your first ranked game.

Oh and for fesh, welcome back, dont take the stuff we say on the forums to heart. Were just toughening you up so you can be the new brand of URL super soldiers.

SPiEkY likes this.
  13. Fesh

Fesh The King of Potatoes

Thank you all for the welcome backs!

I just pulled a Ironfist Paladin from a skirmish and was shocked! Didnt realize you could also get exotics so I am on cloud nine now (though I already had 2 of him). I must say I am really enjoying this game right now and hopefully I will feel confident enough to enter pvp soon.

@DMrBadguy TY for the tip. I use to love to play that years ago and assumed that would never make a comeback. Checking it out now.

@badgerale I agree, I did forget to mention that the updated maps look amazing. I am going to add that.

14. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

what do you mean, these people?

and wouldn't say it to your face? lol you're in for a surprise

15. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

The trick to being liked on the Pox forums is to not be a moron.

Also, sarcasm detection helps.

Dagda likes this.
  16. ProR2D2

ProR2D2 I need me some PIE!

Yeah I agree with you on most, except on the forums part since I'm part of the forum and I don't consider myself toxic or ruthless.
    Also by saying "The Forums people are Ugly" you are not helping these people on any way.

If they are rude, Ignore and report them on the button of each post, instead of trying to fix something you can't fix. If they are not rude, then learn to accept other people opinions and respond them with your owns.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
  17. XFurionsX

[​IMG]

Flyingfinn and Cydna like this.
  18. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

****s can be helpful

Kampel likes this.
  19. KPIC

KPIC Devotee of the Blood Owl

Split, I think Covah is right. People laughing at you is no cause for being overly sensitive. You need to filter that.
    But Covah, you are also are showing that you are insensitive. Lol ing at people is rude in these forums if you do not know the person.

20. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

we're all friends here I thought though?