Old Player Gone

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fesh, Nov 1, 2014.

1. Fesh

Fesh The King of Potatoes

This is not some whine thread about how everything is horrible and I am rage quitting to come back in a few months. First all my runes found better homes so I have nothing to bring me back. Second I still like this game it just doesn't fit my current lifestyle and wont for the next several years. If it is still around in five or so years, maybe I will check it out then (just don't tell my wife).

Here is the thread I made when I first came back just a short time ago:
    http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/old-player-back-the-good-the-bad-the-ugly.8067/

What I have learned since I have been back:

Positives

Skirmish, Rune Forge, Daily Rewards, Map Updates, Guild Forum, the Like system

In-between

The forum as a whole: I think I just happen to come back at an exceptionally negative time but the forums are not as toxic as I originally perceived. However they are far from exciting and new player promoting.

Negatives

Options for new player decks: New players just starting really need more options for making their first deck ASAP. Something like a really crappy and simple com/uncom 30 card pile as soon as they finish the tutorial of whatever faction they choose.

Close minded presentation: The Q&A video that came out yesterday was not a positive. It painted a picture, at least to me, of a group of individuals who are overwhelmed by taking on an endeavor that is overburdening and quickly eating them alive. This is causing the team to close down and I am sure there is some infighting going on at the moment. Poxnora is notorious for being full of bugs and coding issues and yet this was taken on by one programmer who is also the CEO? It doesn't matter how good your PR people are if that is the engine behind the product. Also many questions had the same two answers (yes I am paraphrasing both answers):

First, "Well it is something we would like to do but do not have the manpower at this time." That answer is acceptable though only works for so long.

The other answer is the one I see that is the fuel behind many of the negative posts here. "Well we do not see that as a beneficial move." When your community tells you they want to see something at least lie to everyone and say it will be taken into consideration or just go back to answer one. These two answers were the answers to almost every question. The negativity from some people is not helping this game at all and are almost the level of a small cancer. However, those answers show this cancer does not matter when the communities concerns are completely shutdown. That is a full on death sentence to this game.

SOLUTION: Post up a thread with the list of ideas the community is asking for from the compilation of associated forums that you say you keep. It is a simple stickied list. That is all. This would accomplish two things. First show the community you are aware of their concerns. Two keep the same forum posts from being posted again and again.

Also before the argument of that would take hours or days to make, it should only take five minutes if you guys are really keeping a list of important forum discussions about changes the community would like to see.

I wish everyone the best of luck with the game and life! I hope to see you all again, in five years ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2014
    mortal ix, Ozariig, Hiyashi and 3 others like this.
  2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Guy leaves, better instant lock his thread. Don't want us to discuss why huh

So long cowboy

3. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

think it was the mods or shoe?

4. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Whoever it was needs to lose access too commands, seems like a tad bit of abuse right there.

BurnPyro likes this.
  5. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

yeah, that's pretty shitty moderation. it was a well-worded topic with an interesting suggestion. a discussion could and should have been had on it.

could it touch off a lot of negativity? yes. sure. but so could literally everything else at this point. if you're worried about negativity, i'd just hand out like 20 bans.

actually, basically everyone but ktc would get the bat.

6. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

LOL

Close the original topic. I make a new one to address this. Re-open previous topic and make my post a response in previously closed thread. Moderation at it's finest.

SaintKiwi likes this.
  7. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

inb4RAIDBOI

SaintKiwi and Vote Kanye 2020 like this.
  8. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

look on the bright side

it worked

9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Don't I always make it so?

10. Oldmaster

Oldmaster I need me some PIE!

I agree with most of Fesh's feedback.
    In particular re: the first bg for a newbie, and the stickied development topic.

11. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Wut u takin aboot

12. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

I fully support this thread.

13. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

This topic was originally instantly locked after the OP. I made a new thread questioning that moderation. They then re-opened this thread and took my post from my thread as a reply in this.

#justmodthings

14. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

I love how *****ing about mods took over what this thread was actually about

Morfeas likes this.
  15. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

You're right we should repeat ourselves yet again for the hell of it.

16. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Where's that post I made stating Mods was going to be a complete failure?

BurnPyro, SPiEkY and Vote Kanye 2020 like this.
  17. Ozariig

Ozariig I need me some PIE!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Fesh. I think I pretty much agree with your perspective.

Here's hoping life treats you well and that you'll come back soon.

Dagda likes this.
  18. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

Maybe another 'long term goals' section would keep you satisfied but not me.

19. hsssh

hsssh The King of Potatoes

Yeah, I think I got enough of "long term goals" to last me for a lifetime.