Old Player returning have some questions could use some advice also :)

Discussion in 'Training Grounds and Game Guides' started by shaka808, Nov 19, 2014.

1. shaka808

shaka808 New Member

Recently just started playing again (diddnt play at all when SOE took over)

I have almost all the cards up to rise of serkan expansion (missing limiteds like harbingers, thorn collection, a few others, I have 2 of every angel and quite a few doom bringers as well) Also have the 30k free gold stored up. Am a bit unsure how I should go about things now so a few questions :)

1. Campaigns - I know I bought some before but I cant find anywhere that shows me which ones I have and dont have. Is there a way to see this ?

2. Leveling champions - Just want to be sure I understand how champions level now. Am I correct in that theres a max level of 3 and that leveling them doesnt increase the cost anymore ? So I should level everyone im going to use ? (I have alot of tokens still)

3. Getting newer cards. I want to buy the elven theme deck to get those thorn collections (always wanted them could never afford them!) so thats my 30k gold gone. Am planning to buy credits to buy packs, am I better off buying bonds of war packs and just single store buying everything else ? or some extended packs also ? (I have quite a bit of c,u,r extras I can forge off and buy all the commons and such) Or maybe I have a few extra bigger money old exos that I should trade for large chunks of these new cards :)

Any suggestions/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for everyone's time.

2. Felixyr

Felixyr New Member

Well, for the campaigns, if you open the client, click the single player icon and then the campaigns icon you should see which ones you have available (a bunch of them were made free, so you should have quite a few).

As for leveling - leveling unlocks ability option choices for two of the abilities on a champion. So for example, with my Elven Archer it's default abilities are barrage 2 and sentry 1. By leveling the Elven Archer to level 2, I have the choice to change Barrage 2 to Barrage 1 for a six nora cost discount on the Elven Archer or to increase it to Barrage 3 for three extra nora. Similarly by leveling the Elven Archer to level 3, I have the option to change Sentry 1 to Sentry 2 for three nora. It is not always the case that the choices are upgrades or downgrades of an ability already present - it might be a different ability altogether or a stat increase. Generally, you want to level the runes you use. However, be wary of using your tokens too freely, DOG has increased the gold prices of acquiring tokens very significantly, although you still get some in packs.

As for getting new runes, my suggestion would be don't use the forge ever - it's not worth it, you simply get a very poor return on your runes. As for packs, Bonds of war was released quite a long time ago and before a bunch of revamp and balance changes so I would be a bit cautious before you buy any of those runes; they are fairly 'old' now and not guaranteed to be more valuable than other sets.

I recommend familiarizing yourself with Poxbox ( http://olaf.maxapex.com/apex/f?p=286:1:0 ) which a third party site, primarily used for it's automated trader (you trade in runes for credit, and use that credit to trade runes out) . It's generally the easiest and fairest way to trade runes. Even if you don't want to use it's trader (which I can vouch for it's legitimacy), having a look at it's prices can give you a good idea what things are worth - you can use this information to try and figure what is the best packs and such to buy.

Hope this helps ;)

3. shaka808

shaka808 New Member

Thank you yes any advice/info helps :) I've been sifting through forums and digesting some information im finding. (saw poxbox was going to check them out). As for campaigns I finally unlocked being able to see them so think I can figure that out :)

4. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

The rune forge is good if your ok with taking a loss, and just want that rune quickly. Or if you have loads of multiples to get rid of.

5. shaka808

shaka808 New Member

I do have about 30 of every common from rise of serkan and below :)