On the poxbox incident

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Osidan, Jul 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. borice45

borice45 The King of Potatoes

No I got a deal of my pox life so I do not understand ur PoV.

I didn't say it was fair, of course poxbox got the short end but that was his mistake

Moglieone likes this.
  2. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Actually, it's not. The definition is quite clear and whose scope does not include the activities in question.

Morally/abstractly, everything is subjective. Negativity is stealing. It's stealing my joy. I hope you aren't going down this road on the internets and stealing my spare time making me read it.

3. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

It's my opinion that using wrong nouns because I am not educated on the subject is a poor way of showing that I'm too adamant to put my feelings aside and face the facts and reality.

Sunutsu likes this.
  4. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Justifications and rationalizations noted.

I am not forcing anyone to read my opinion, comment on my opinion, or do anything based on my opinion. I believe in karma, thus 100% your responsibility since it is your life. Have a good one.

5. borice45

borice45 The King of Potatoes

K

6. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

Lol the difference is people would have done it thinking that Senshu did it on purpose. These people CLEARLY knew that there was a mistake most even admitted to it lol they took advantage of it and I think its wrong but this isn't anything new people take advantage where they can it is selfish but nothing can be done what happened has happened. One thing is certain if I was a new player and I had to read about how the community took advantage of the game and WEREN'T willing to give back the runes after I probably wouldn't play this game.

DarkJello likes this.
  7. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

If you were to be stopped from playing a game over what other people do on said game that doesn't impact you in the slightest, you probably shouldn't use the internet ever again.

Sunutsu and jeeperz2 like this.
  8. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Oh look, an elephant! What does it have written on its forehead? *reads* "When people have a hard time gathering runes for a little experimenting outside of using poxbox and they're making such a big fuss over a third party store and they're thinking about how it's fate could well doom Poxnora, then there might be a problem with rune accessibility."

That's quite the wisdom to receive for just 21 nora, oh, great one!

Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
    Etherielin, Hiyashi, iPox and 4 others like this.
  9. BroWatchThis

BroWatchThis Devotee of the Blood Owl

@BurnPyro dude... bro... your signature is phenomenal. Just made my day hahahahaha

10. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Not justifying or attempting to rationalize, I'm just stating a fact.

11. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Every day I get more and more disappointed with my English. I try to write elaborated posts, share some of the little knowledge I deem useful to others, and people just misunderstand, or don't read at all. Here you are arguing over who is the "evil guy", instead of moving on with your lives.

I did think my first post here would clarify the mixed feelings among pox players, and avoid futile ranting. Unfortunately this is one of the few times I was wrong in Poxnora that actually mattered. I may sound weird(more than normal), but it's because I've seen how situations like this evolve.

Those who actually think they can change someone's point of view with accusations and irony please raise your hand. I lowered mine when i was 14, what about you guys?

Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
  12. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

I believe they stole value. And I hope karma visits sooner than later.

13. tangmcgame

tangmcgame I need me some PIE!

They broke no rules and violated no laws. They used the website exactly as it was designed to run. They didn't hack it, they didn't manipulate prices. They made profitable trades thanks to a banking error in their favor. Be as morally offended as you like, but stop saying they stole anything when the unequivocally did not.

14. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

So...there was a pricing error and Mikas were worth almost 2 million credits?

Naturally, the lowest common denominator would come out and abuse an obvious accident. These are the same kind of shitheads that would find your wallet on the ground, steal the money out of it and then try to get a reward for 'returning' it to you. In fact that basically IS what they did. Decondor has the right to and should ban anyone who won't return the runes they essentially stole.

Other than that...Yeah....karma is a *****.

DarkJello and Osidan like this.
  15. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Actually, it that case it wouldn't be theft or, in my eyes, even reprehensible because Decondor went and thought "I will now set the price of Harbingers to this value", while in this case Decondor did not decide to put Mika to the price he accidentally set her at.

In this case it has also not been legally theft. Its just exploitation of someone you knew. It is more alike to having your friend forget his money at school and then taking it home yourself. Not theft, and a complete douchebag move.

16. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I was being sarcastic, but apparently I need to start using sarcasm tags...

17. Boozha

In debates, always :p

SPiEkY likes this.
  18. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

By the way, once again, can we please stop saying decondor? Decondor left years ago, Olaf has his account because it's linked to the store. You're confusing two completely different people. Decondor played this game, interacted with the people who played it and overal gave a damn about it. Olaf doesn't do any of these things. He's just here to keep the store open so he can make easy cash.

Never noticed how things changed in Poxbox, high value runes never made it to the normal store anymore and everything went to the cash store? Prices went up and all your Bane Shift just became worth less? Yeah.

Sunutsu likes this.
  19. Boozha

Thats pretty terrible and doesn't excuse a thing.

20. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I'm not using it as an excuse. I'm just tired of people using all kinds of wrong information in this thread and talking about things they have no or incomplete knowledge of.

BroWatchThis likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.