On the poxbox incident

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Osidan, Jul 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iskandak

Iskandak The King of Potatoes

Wow im so glad I read this all.
    How much was Mika worth?
    And I hope POXBOX doesnt go down, because I use it for prices, but also as a ftp player its my only place where I can actually trade cards for almost equal pricing.

2. Silveraine

Silveraine I need me some PIE!

3. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I'll take that as a confirmation of your lies. That's all I needed.

Good day.

Sunutsu likes this.
  4. decondor

decondor I need me some PIE!

As I said I won't reply in here, but in short: it is a technical issue with the system I used to slowly release all runes in the trader after the revamp.

5. decondor

decondor I need me some PIE!

You are a very special person, I am happy you got proof of something I don't even know about!

Good luck in life and let morals never stop you!

Knutto, DarkJello and Osidan like this.
  6. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

Decondor, stop replying to Burn, man. He's trollbaiting the shitt out of you

Moglieone, Sunutsu, IMAGIRL and 6 others like this.
  7. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Peeps cheering for dirtbag thieves on the internet. Pathetic.

BansheeX likes this.
  8. Leogratz

Leogratz Devotee of the Blood Owl

Well, well...

@poxbox owner:

You screwed like many companies do. Blacklisting, banning or such will not make you any good, as it will not asking runes back. As for now, very few persons can manipulate the market to speculate on rune pricing, both virtual and real. You are one of them. When you refused to clarify why 20 runes vanish and then appear on RMT, it was clear to me that you have your guidelines to act, and they can't be made clear all the time.

That said, I will NEVER have any guarantee that you will not drain the market of some runes to later RMT them. The move to drain the market is making the price higher than the perceived value of it - exactly what was done to Mika. Some people bet against wheat production, oil, companies... This time the bet was that even you draining the world of Mikas, the Mikas wouldn't reach the price on marked your shop. The beauty in this comparison lies in my belief that I if you discovered that Mikas we're going out for 4m after your mistake, you would just keep them.

As for banning people from your store and saying they are not trustworthy for trades:
    1) it does not accomplishes anything - they can always ask other persons to make the transactions to them.
    2) blacklisting, which I pretty much think it was done, is a bannable offense on forums.

@people saying that those who abused the system are thieves:
    1) this is a game of perceived value, subject to personal evaluations. As such, there is no thing like real value. We only think that there is real value due to stores with high stock levels and price tables existing and offering to trade x to y. As such we know that we may trade with others and then have the result we want from the stores...
    2) theft is well defined in most countries I know, as well as customer protective laws. In the case in question, all the guys that traded Mika in are, for all I know, protected by customer laws, and did not incurred in theft. The case in question is the same as if suddenly DoGs were selling owl credits for 1/10 of the price for some minutes and then saying it was not intended. At the moment of my transaction I knew I would get x credits for an USD, and DOG accepted. After this moment, both parties agreed and the business is done. While they can raise the cost of packs to cover it, they cannot change credits or packs I already got without being in a very fragile legal stand point.

Sunutsu likes this.
  9. Skybloom

Skybloom I need me some PIE!

It's his own store, though. If he feels like blacklisting a person from it, he's free to do so.

DarkJello likes this.
  10. PurpleTop

Right, but not on a forum where blacklisting isn't allowed

11. Leogratz

Leogratz Devotee of the Blood Owl

But shall not post in the forums here. Not even if fanboys ask.

Edit: beaten by a Pimp hat! Preposterous!

12. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Mika is worth around 200k or 200,000. What ended up happening was an accidental price error that made all Mikas worth an extra 0. So Mika went from 200,000 (200k) to 2,000,000 (2 Million) Meaning anyone who traded in during that short time. Accidentally got 10 times more then she was supposedly worth.

Also, The UD equipment Traitorous Helm ended up becoming priced at 400k for the duration as well. This however is lesser known.

13. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Blacklisting isn't bannable anymore, and, personally, I feel this was a very reasonable warning.

DarkJello likes this.
  14. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

If most of the community however uses his store. Then most of the community will end up seeing the list right? So it really doesn't matter if it's posted here because everyone already knows. This is a special redudant case I believe. In general Blacklisting is something I disapprove of as well. But in this instance, like I said. Redundant.

15. PurpleTop

I didn't see the blacklist until it was posted on these forums. Additionally, it seems several people didn't even know about the incident in general until they read threads like this one. So it does affect people who don't use his store. Moreover, if the no-blacklisting rule exists on these forums (looks like it may not now? I'm not completely sure), then no special exceptions should ever be given out, even if the offender is a high profile person who owns a massive third party fansite.

Leogratz likes this.
  16. Iskandak

Iskandak The King of Potatoes

hue hue, that is pretty much insane, and I feel sad some people actually abused it. but hey, it happens everywhere. I konw people who filled their gastank for 56 cents years back in germany somewhere, they put the "," wrong. Too bad I couldnt drive back then :p

17. tangmcgame

tangmcgame I need me some PIE!

The more I think about this, the more I think, ultimately, decondor is doing the wrong thing.

If I go into a Wal-Mart and they've got an XBox One on sale for $20, it isn't my fault they priced it that way and I'd be an idiot not to buy it at such a discounted rate. So I pick up the XBOne, take it to the register, they ring it up, I pay my money and walk out the door with receipt in hand. Transaction approved. Wal-Mart would not only be wrong to ban me from the store for this transaction, they'd be fools to do so. They'd be cutting off a revenue stream permanently on account of an error they made. I took advantage of a deal. It's the same as using a coupon or going shopping on Black Friday. The fact that they didn't intend to have such a good deal doesn't suddenly make it my fault.

It sucks, decondor, it really does that you took such a big hit, but the buck stops at you. I'm sorry this happened. I am. If it were me, I'd be mad, too. But I'd be mad at myself. I think how you're handling this issue, asking people to return items they acquired by following the exact rules you set, is wrong, and I think blaming the customer and banning these now rune-rich potential clients is bad business.

Let me end by saying how grateful I am for the service you provide. Poxbox makes PoxNora a better game for new and old players alike, and losing poxbox would be a tremendous hit from which I'm not sure the game would recover. Godspeed in yours and the website's recovery.

18. PurpleTop

Great post. The same anecdote has been used at least two other times, but well articulated nontheless. I agree in full. And yeah, without the service that Poxbox provides, the stated of the game would very much be in a different state than it is now

19. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

I think Decondor is doing the right thing except for being mad and insulting people. If he doesn't want to do business with people that exploit his mistakes thats his choice and certainly one I would make aswell.I think you can't equate a little personal store like this with a giant chain store like WalMart in a reasonable manner. I'd agree, Tang, if you could.

Recently I almost paid 35 instead of 3,5 dollars in a PayPal Transaction. It would have been my fault, but if the person would not have been ready to return it I would not have wanted to do business with him anymore. I know the situations are not completely comparable, just saying.

DarkJello likes this.
  20. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Like I said I agree to an extent. It's a touchy subject in general.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.