On the poxbox incident

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Osidan, Jul 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

@tangmcgame

Why is it that you can take my examples and make them sound so good. Grammar and literacy and things.

2. tangmcgame

tangmcgame I need me some PIE!

Much heart, so love.

3. Osidan

Osidan I need me some PIE!

The question remains: is it the right thing to capitalize on wrong pricing? Wallmart or poxbox, it makes no difference. If you spot the obvious error, do you report it or do you go on as if nothing was wrong and profit? I still think it's wrong to abuse the incorrect pricing as a decent human being.

DarkJello likes this.
  4. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

You're a tomato because that's my opinion. Thus everything you say can be disregarded since you are a tomato. I have decided it to be my opinion.

Grow some fruit.

5. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I may be alone here, but if I went to Wal-Mart and saw Xbox Ones for $20, I'd let them know about it, rather than take advantage of what would be an obvious error.

Osidan, DarkJello and Boozha like this.
  6. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Yeah no, you'd be alone on that one.

Now if people start to compare Walmart and Poxbox... yeesh

7. HannibalFee

HannibalFee Devotee of the Blood Owl

I'd be like, "this is BS, where is the hidden camera?"

8. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

:( I'm a poor little Christian boy, all alone on the interweb

9. tangmcgame

tangmcgame I need me some PIE!

The comparison between poxbox and Wal-Mart is not a perfect 1:1. Basically, the point is that it's up to both the retailer and the consumer to each protect their own best interests and if they fail to do so it isn't the other party's fault.

10. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Good example, now change wal mart for your local video game store, with a guy you talk to about games sometimes, that you know works hard to provide a nice service.
    Now add to that that potentially his mistake could have costed him the store if everyone thought with a law book and not with moral, and that you now have to take a large trip or use internet to buy your video games.
    Now tell me that the grocery store owner won't doublecheck burn's order, knowing the kind of person he is.

DarkJello, BansheeX and Boozha like this.
  11. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

no one is arguing that the action was the right thing to do or that Burn isn't a ******. some are taking issue with calling it 'theft'. typical liberals thinking if their cause is just, their lies and are ok (i.e. global warming). Yes, this thread is really about global warming.

12. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Also, another thing, runes have no stablished value it's all about a perception, so when a guy trades a feshcaller mika for ten times it's worth, it's what I call a scammer, because it knowingly abused a mistake or disinformation from the other part to get a benefit regarding that perception of value.
    So, you should take the word "scammer" out of the list of despective words to say because it describes you now.

DarkJello likes this.
  13. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

I'm what Americans would call liberal (I'm actually a communist, but when Amiercans hear that they think of fascists) and I think its wrong. Besides, what the hell does anything have to do with global warming

DarkJello likes this.
  14. allyorbase

allyorbase I need me some PIE!

The fact that you assume 95% of players would exploit an honest mistake is what's wrong with the world: you use awful assumptions about other people to justify awful acts. Exploiting is stealing is scamming is immoral is etcetera. If someone makes an honest mistake, and you scurry to knowingly use that mistake to your advantage, that is just as much theft as keeping a lady's purse because she accidentally left it in your car.

DarkJello, BansheeX and SPiEkY like this.
  15. Ragic

a communist is just a fascist who hasn't gotten into power yet. they lie to themselves until they get into power, then they start lying to everyone else. but I probably shouldn't pick on commies and liberals exclusively. any ideologue lies to further their agenda. if you think taking advantage of a pricing error in poxbox is wrong, its ok to lie and call it theft just like if you think polluting the earth is wrong, then its ok to lie about its effects and start a global warming scare. its called an analogy.

16. Boozha

Quod erat demonstrandum :p

Soooouh, which part about climate change (the accurate term) is a lie?

17. Ragic

18. Coragh

Coragh The King of Potatoes

I wouldn't just blatantly steal it, I would look in and see how much she got.

19. Boozha

I literally lol'd when I saw the sources. Right wing news. Breitbart. Are you trying to amuse me or what? :}

20. Ragic

see?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.