Only two free BGs?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fikule, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

I'm not being fussy, but wasn't this meant to be 4 per week? (bug?) :)

Doesn't help that both the free ones are Ironfist. Not much variety.

2. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

You will be able to unlock more of the BGs by completing various tasks such as faction walkthroughs and playing other games. You also unlock on by going through the tutorial.

3. Fikule

Yes, but I mean they stated that 4 would be free in rotation. I am curious if the fact that it's not is a bug or intended.

Plus having both the free BGs as Ironfist lacks variety. Maybe if it is actually just two, it should make sure they are separate factions?

4. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

I currently have 3 unlocked o_o

I don't really remember doing anything special to get the third though

Screen Shot 2014-03-09 at 2.45.01 PM.png

5. Fikule

I think the third is based on the faction you chose on transfer. But that one does not have the Star representing it as a free BG.

6. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

doing tutorial's first step gives you lord of bones I think

7. Fikule

Ahh, then my original question remains. Is 2 instead of 4 intentional?

8. uaChakra

uaChakra Member

I have 3bgs to. I think u have some kind of bug

9. Fikule

We established one is from the tutorial. I have three. but only two are marked as "free" by the Star icon.

I feel I am just repeating myself a lot.

Ok, short version:

DOG said "Four BGs will be free in rotation each week".

We only have two marked with Stars as free BGs.

Intended or not?

10. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

If it helps at all, I do understand your concern.

11. Gedden

Gedden Administrator Octopi

So, there are only two public decks that are freely available in the rotation right now. I did say 4, but let me give you my thinking and we can go from there.

At first I made 16 public decks. Rotating out 4 new ones each week means it would take a month to go through all of them for free!

However I made the walkthroughs award 8, and including those decks in the "free rotation" seemed kinda cheezy, so that means I had only 8 to choose from.
    I wanted to give a deck out from the tutorial, meaning I only had 7 to chose from, which felt odd. So I added a new public deck just for that (The Guardians is actually a copy of theme deck from SOE, which players said they liked).

If there are 8 public decks to choose from, if every week we rotate between 4 --- then it would feel more like a 'toggle' than a rotation. Not to mention the public decks are currently only 1k gold, making them very easy to get. I lowered the rotation down to 2 really just to give players some incentive to unlock them.

So, intended! I think we could do four, but I think we would need to have more public decks first.

Xinde, Monyx, IceNorth and 1 other person like this.
  12. Fikule

Thanks. That explains it. ^^

13. Monyx

Monyx I need me some PIE!

i love all the free decks.....desert owl is awesome :)

Xinde likes this.
  14. Emries

Emries Devotee of the Blood Owl

So what you're saying is that we should start constructing public decks on faction forums so there can be 3 or 4 public decks a week right? :p

15. Gedden

Gedden Administrator Octopi

You know thats not a crazy idea

16. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

I just completed the tutorial, and it lists 4 battlegroups in purple (I am guessing this means they are free) - but TWO of them are Guardians of the Sarnghaver!