Open Carry

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Baskitkase, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I practiced this privellege yesterday and felt totally awkward. I didn't feel more safe. I felt exposed, as if I was showing hand.

I definitely prefer concealment.

2. Atherhog

Atherhog I need me some PIE!

Your widger?

3. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Didn't know Texas was such a dangerous place. Is the wildlife that threatening?

Geressen likes this.
  4. ssez

ssez I need me some PIE!

I could understand that feeling.

Did you get "looks?"

I have been in places where lots of people walk around open carry and because they are used to it no one cares, and I have been places where people get all uneasy because they aren't used to it, so was just curious as to the reaction around you.

Qucas and DarkJello like this.
  5. Atherhog

haha... you Americans are so crazy.

Don't walk around with an open beer... but damn, bring on the guns.

It's so alien to me.

6. ssez

ssez I need me some PIE!

lol yea I can see how someone not used to it could say that for sure.

Silly law wont let us walk around with beer :( but to be fair I have seen people do more stupid and dangerous things walking around with a beer than walking around with a gun, just personal observation not scientific study :)

Also in America more deaths are caused by alcohol than by firearms and that's including suicide by gun which accounts for a lot of the deaths.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
    Qucas and DarkJello like this.
  7. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

As a Belgian, I pity you.

Flyingfinn, 19madfox95, Qucas and 5 others like this.
  8. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

yet countries that have a mostly muslim population don't get a lot of alchohol related deaths, makes ya think...

DarkJello likes this.
  9. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Exactly my conclusion! I am going to Seattle in a few hours, and gonna conceal carry FTW.

10. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

11. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Ohmin likes this.
  12. StormChasee

StormChasee The King of Potatoes

Is this Fantasia 2016? :D:)

Geressen likes this.
  13. DarkJello

Leaving Card Kingdom in Seattle now and, double surprise, I was never given the chance to defeat terrorists or rednecks or even an enraged gaming nerd. Did not need the gun in either of the business meetings earlier today. I certainly hope this trend continues for decades.

14. Atherhog

I have NEVER felt like I may need a gun. America is either;

3rd world dangerous

Or

Full of paranoid sociopaths

15. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

It's a 3rd world country in the modern definition. Unpleasant, primitive place full of people I don't feel comfortable sharing a planet with.

Geressen likes this.
  16. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Neither have I. I hope this trend continues for both of us throughout our lives. I also hope that if it doesn't, we both have the OPTION to arm ourselves.

Yes, because those are the only two possible reasons why any person would feel that owning or carrying gun is appropriate or necessary for them.

*sigh*

Seriously, do you sometimes not take time to think about what it is you're saying?

I'm honestly shocked you don't get more heat for your prejudiced BS than Newsbuff did. Or maybe you have and you've just got thicker skin, if so kudos to you I guess. Still...

DarkJello likes this.
  17. Atherhog

My 2 options were based on @DarkJello's post... read it, it sounds like a safety issue to me.

Edit: What other sensible reason is there for carrying a deadly weapon?

18. DarkJello

I had a great day with a wide range of pleasant Muricans. All the modern amenities. Dinner with an agnostic gal from China and an atheist Caucasian male from the South was tasty. Does tea count as sophisticated? Then I spent another 2-3 hours at Card Kingdom, but this time at the bar. Gamers were all thru the cafe, literally drinking beer, eating yummies, and playing board games or Magic. Uber fun atmosphere, to say the least. I gave a small amount of cash to some homeless peeps. Seattle treated me great, thus no complaints. U probs know many similar barrios, Boozha. Have a bright week.

19. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

So there are never safety concerns outside of 3rd world nations?

One must be a paranoid sociopath to believe otherwise?

20. Atherhog

Which is how it should be dude. So, a simple question;

Why did you carry a gun?

Geressen likes this.